Question about Xenforo

Scourge

I currently have a IPB license. I rather not pay another $140. But if someon wanted to trade there Xenforo license for my IPB license is that acceptable? Is Xenforo license transferable like that? Just wondering before I get scammed by someone. :(

The license is transferable after 120 days from the original purchase date.

The Software may be permanently transferred by the original purchaser to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") not before 120 days following purchase, provided that the expiry date of the License falls after the date of the transfer. The original licensee may not retain a copy or installation of the Software. The Subsequent Licensee must agree to the terms of this Agreement and waive the right to transfer.

http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/

I would think the better way to go about this would be to sell/transfer your IPB license to someone and then buy a xF license out right. This would prevent you from getting caught in a fraudulent license.

The only catch is with IPB you have to sell, transfer your entire account with them instead of just the license attached to it.

Jamie

Who on earth in their right minds would accept to trade a xF license (the new best thing) for an inferior software? No offense IPS. :D

Every forum software has its flaws and greatness. :) So you really have no right to say that IPB is inferior with Xenforo. I just want Xenforo because I think its great also and can offer more features that IPB does not have yet. I am for sure there is probably alot of people who will be willing to trade me once I find them.

There may not be anyone here who wants an IPB license, but someone may know someone who does.
To the OP. You should take Jamie's advice and sell it separately.

I would sell it but I don't trust paypal they screwed me over last time.. So if no one wants to trade I guess I won't be getting Xenforo because I can't afford to pay in another $140.

Top Bottom