1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Scourge, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Scourge

Scourge New Member

I currently have a IPB license. I rather not pay another $140. But if someon wanted to trade there Xenforo license for my IPB license is that acceptable? Is Xenforo license transferable like that? Just wondering before I get scammed by someone. :(
    Terrorz likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The license is transferable after 120 days from the original purchase date.

The Software may be permanently transferred by the original purchaser to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") not before 120 days following purchase, provided that the expiry date of the License falls after the date of the transfer. The original licensee may not retain a copy or installation of the Software. The Subsequent Licensee must agree to the terms of this Agreement and waive the right to transfer.

3. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

I would think the better way to go about this would be to sell/transfer your IPB license to someone and then buy a xF license out right. This would prevent you from getting caught in a fraudulent license.

The only catch is with IPB you have to sell, transfer your entire account with them instead of just the license attached to it.

Blandt likes this.
  4. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

that's the way to go ... join the club :D
  5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I think staying with inferior software is the most important cost ! and expensive.
    IPB is not bad, mind you.
  6. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

That depends only to your needs...IPB it's a good piece of software, XF has a unique UI...what's your needs? that's the question. ;-)
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

I rather buy it new 100% - no scam possible.
  8. Scourge

Scourge New Member

I would but trade than buy it in full.. I was lucky to get IPB at my job and how the current US economy is and stuff. I just rather trade than pay in another full $140..
  9. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Who on earth in their right minds would accept to trade a xF license (the new best thing) for an inferior software? No offense IPS. :D
  10. Scourge

Scourge New Member

Every forum software has its flaws and greatness. :) So you really have no right to say that IPB is inferior with Xenforo. I just want Xenforo because I think its great also and can offer more features that IPB does not have yet. I am for sure there is probably alot of people who will be willing to trade me once I find them.
  11. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

There may not be anyone here who wants an IPB license, but someone may know someone who does.
    To the OP. You should take Jamie's advice and sell it separately.
  12. Scourge

Scourge New Member

I would sell it but I don't trust paypal they screwed me over last time.. So if no one wants to trade I guess I won't be getting Xenforo because I can't afford to pay in another $140.
  13. steven s

Well unless you find someone unhappy with XF and would rather try their luck with IPB, I guess you are out of luck.
  14. agent51

agent51 Member

Is there a live demo of xenforo yet?
  15. steven s

Blandt likes this.
  16. agent51

agent51 Member

Ahh, nice. But I was more interested in a live demo I could test drive. You know.
  17. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I think there's supposed to be one once it goes gold, or at least I've seen a mod say that.
  18. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It was actually Mike :)
  19. Scourge

Scourge New Member

I already found one offer for someone willing to trade thier Xenforo license for my IPB license just waiting for a reply. :)
  20. steven s

Don't forget about post #2 of this thread. 120 days following purchase.