XF 1.5 Question about user promotion

teletubbi

We are a closed Forum.

I have set up the promotion system to put users, who don't write any post since 3 month, into a secondary user group called inactive.
For this group the permission is limited. For example they can't see pictures.
It is to force the users to participate more. This works fine and most of the users understand it.

But how can i manage that if they write a post their status will change back to their original?
So take away this second group.

Is this only possible with an addon or can this made with the promotion system as well?

Presumably you are using an add-on for that?

Promotions should only be applied if the users meet the criteria.
So if they post, the promotion should be removed and they should no longer be in the user group.

No i only use the core function.
Criteria is 90 days no post add second user group inactive.
This works well.

But not reverse. I have to take away this user group manual.

I don't see a core criterion for 'user has not posted in x days'.

Can you screenshot it?

Or are you using a combination of 'user has posted at least X messages' and 'user has been registered for at least X days' ?

@tellitubbi you should do the promotion the other way around. Set up the Registered group so that they have limited permissions. Set up the secondary user group so that it has the extra permissions. Then set up the user group promotion so that when they make X posts in Y days they are added to the secondary user group. When they no longer meet the criteria they will be removed from the secondary user group and will only be added again when they make the required posts in the specified time period.

I will think about it.
But isn't easy as it looks like. Because new users (registered) should not have limitations on the open part of our forum. Regardless if they write or not for at least 3 month.

Then you have another promotion criteria as well which adds members who have been registered for less than 3 months to the secondary user group.

Top Bottom