1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Question about upgrading and templates

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Luxus, May 31, 2012.

1. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Hi,

XenForo's default style is called "default". Let's say I have copied this style, renamed it to "MyStyle" and made a few changes in the templates. Now what will happen to "MyStyle" if a new XenForo version is released which includes template changes and I upgrade to it? Obviously those template changes will be applied to the "Default" style, but I assume "MyStyle" will remain unchanged?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Correct.

Luxus likes this.
  3. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

Thank you Yorick, you are one of the most helpful people here. Really appreciate it :)

hm.. if my custom template remains unchanged, why should people use TMS? I thought that the point of TMS is that you don't have to apply all changes to your templates again after an upgrade.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If the template is customized from a previous version then changes from the default template will not be applied until you revert the custom template. The TMS takes care of that I think.

Luxus likes this.