XF 1.4 Question about "new messages have been posted since you loaded this page"

imthebest

Hi,

Regarding the AJAX notification "new messages have been posted since you loaded this page", do it happens only when you have enabled the auto save drafts functionality? I'm asking this because Mike said the following on the introductory HYS for 1.2:

Display if messages have been posted since you started your message
Tied into the auto-saving, when you're writing a reply to a thread, we will check to see if any new messages and display a note if there are. You can then display those new posts without reloading the page.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-new-editor-and-much-much-more.50519/ <-- btw the image that explains the functionality seems to be missing from the post!

Also, when does the AJAX notification executes? Only when you click on the editor?

Thanks,
Super120

When you say "when you send a new post" you mean when I start typing my new post after clicking on the editor, right?

It will be triggered when the "Save Draft" event occurs. A few seconds after you started typing. It will also be triggered, when you send a new post with clicking at the "Post Reply" button.

I have the drafts functionality turned off so it means that the only way in how it could happen on my forum is after someone clicks on the editor, right?

@HWS okay after someone submits a new post you get the alert but what you need to be doing in order to get the alert? You need to click in the editor?

From my experience:
If you have disabled drafts, you only may get the alert (if someone else has written a new post) after hiting "Post Reply". This is because your reply will be inserted via AJAX, so you don't get posts loaded which have been written in the meantime.

Top Bottom