Question about how watermarks work

Puntocom

Is the watermark rendered when a photo is shown, or it actually modifies the photo? I think the best would be the first option in order to be able to change the watermark in a future.

It actually modifies the photo, but the original photo is kept so the watermark can be changed in the future, and other manipulations can take place. If an image is watermarked, the manipulations (crop, flip, rotate etc.) all happen on the original image and then the watermark is reapplied.

Similarly, this allows watermarks to be removed, or reapplied whenever you like.

Great (y)

Not sure if this suggestion should go here, but it would be really nice to also give the option to watermark all photos on XenForo. Maybe users stop uploading photos to the gallery in order to avoid this.

I have Rebuilt watermarks but the watermark doesn't appear on the photos. Am I missing something? I have Imagemagick selected as image processor.

In Watermark Dimensions (percentage of uploaded image) I put the watermark dimensions (191x95), may this be a problem? how can I restore the default values to test?

Watermarks only apply to new images.

To apply watermark to existing images you need to use inline moderation or apply it to each image using the controls while viewing the media.

The watermark rebuild will apply an updated watermark image (or new watermark settings) to images that have already been watermarked. You certainly won't want those dimensions.

The default would be 20 x 15 (%).

Some users try to **** with the watermark putting another one in that place... would be possible to be able to watermark individual photos in another position?

Top Bottom