Lack of interest Q & A type permissions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

GreySwordz

Hello all,
Today, I've thought of a nice addition to the current permission set we have.
Some forums have a Q&A type section, as well as Ban Appeals. In these types of sections, it would be nice if we had a permission for only the OP and a usergroup with a certain permission node to post in their thread.

Possible uses:
  • Public Ban Appeals section where only staff and the banned person can post
  • Public Q&A section where a member can ask multiple questions in a single question to staff

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So, you'd like to have permission Post replies to threads by self and Post replies to threads by others, right? (In 1.2.x there is just permission Post replies)
Hey there...I am pretty sure you can accomplish this with base user group permissions.
I'm not sure about XF 1.3 but in 1.2.x you are not able to do this unless you revoke permission View threads by others.

This could be very helpful for gaming forums, with subforums that require this feature. As said above, it would be very handy for users of this forum system who use public ban appeal and Q/A systems, as well as other subforums like staff applications.

@GreySwordz and everyone else, I think a permission to "post replies to threads by self" isn't required.

Currently, if you go to a node permission you have a permission based on "View thread by others" -- if you revoke this, a user won't be able to see threads by others but only see threads created by themselves. This achieves what you want, only those who create their own threads see their thread and no one else (except staff, or usergroups you want them to see the threads, for which you can set their permission to allow).

@GreySwordz and everyone else, I think a permission to "post replies to threads by self" isn't required.

Currently, if you go to a node permission you have a permission based on "View thread by others" -- if you revoke this, a user won't be able to see threads by others but only see threads created by themselves. This achieves what you want, only those who create their own threads see their thread and no one else (except staff, or usergroups you want them to see the threads, for which you can set their permission to allow).
I don't think this fully solves the problem of public Q&A; after all, we only want to answer a question once.

Top Bottom