XF 2.2 PWA option not visible for iOS?

zeeb0t

I can't find the same app install link in the menu when browsing the forum from an iOS device - Safari browser, iPhone 13 Pro v15.3

I had thought PWA was finally supported with this combo. Any ideas?

iOS has limited PWA support but the extent of “installing“ a PWA is little more than a feature it has has for a long time which is tapping “Share” followed by “Add to Home Screen”.

iOS has limited PWA support but the extent of “installing“ a PWA is little more than a feature it has has for a long time which is tapping “Share” followed by “Add to Home Screen”.

Oh, I see. So there is really no actual PWA support in iOS? I just thought I read that it was supported by iOS now, and my users get an install option on Android and for iOS they have to work it out for themselves (e.g. by adding to home screen)... I wondered if there is some way to improve the steps needed for iOS users... many don't even know about the option.

PWA is a general umbrella for a number of features. Installing an app to the home screen is just one of them, the ability to prompt a user to install an app is another, push notifications is another, various things related to service workers, browser colouring, logos etc.

iOS supports some of these things, but not others.

There's nothing that can be done about that other than wait for Apple to implement them, if they ever will.

PWA is a general umbrella for a number of features. Installing an app to the home screen is just one of them, the ability to prompt a user to install an app is another, push notifications is another, various things related to service workers, browser colouring, logos etc.

iOS supports some of these things, but not others.

There's nothing that can be done about that other than wait for Apple to implement them, if they ever will.
Ok Thank you.

Top Bottom