XF 2.2 PWA Customizations

l3ta

Once you click on the app icon on your mobile device, it takes you to another screen that briefly displays the icon and the title of your forum before loading your site. Is there a way to customize this transition page?

Solution
There really isn't much customization that you can do. The icon and title that appear there you already specify via the options/style properties. The only other customizable component is the background color and this is generally recommended to be the page background color after the app launches, so that's what we set it to. (An add-on could override that.) Beyond that, there isn't really anything you can change on the splash screen - it's controlled by the OS/browser installing the PWA.
I don't really have the answer. But you can try searching "custom splash screen pwa" and see if you get any idea...
I thought there would be a template for it or something. Upon further reading, it seems the splash page inherits some of the looks of whatever style you have set as default. I wish there were some way to modify it a bit.

I thought there would be a template for it or something. Upon further reading, it seems the splash page inherits some of the looks of whatever style you have set as default. I wish there were some way to modify it a bit.

Yes. The default one is quite boring.

There really isn't much customization that you can do. The icon and title that appear there you already specify via the options/style properties. The only other customizable component is the background color and this is generally recommended to be the page background color after the app launches, so that's what we set it to. (An add-on could override that.) Beyond that, there isn't really anything you can change on the splash screen - it's controlled by the OS/browser installing the PWA.

Solution
I saw in the "have you seen" thread that the site title has to be 12 characters or less, does that mean the domain or just the title of the board? also what happens if it's longer than that? just get some side effects or the app won't work at all?

EDIT: Sorry, the answer to the question was on the first page of the official guide, hadn't had much time to read up on this.

Last edited:
Ak, ok. Well, I was hoping to customize it 'cus the transition from the splash to the homepage is a bit jarring to the senses:

lpcTvt4.png

Maybe someone will make an (free 😁)addon for it because it is definitely an awesome new feature :)

Top Bottom