Lack of interest Put Admin In Separate Directory

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just wondered how easy it would be to move admin.php to its own sub-directory so that it can be separately protected by its own .htaccess file without having to mess with the main root .htaccess file (which usually contain redirects etc.)

If the path is pretty well hard-coded into XF then forget it - it'll be too much work, but if not is it worth considering a move?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Looks fairly well hardcoded to me.

Fair enough, that's what I suspected anyway, but just wanted to get the suggestion out there ... (y)

What about an update later on in XF's life to add the ACP location as a variable in the config file and reference the config value so there's some flexibility to move it around (if you want/need to)?

Looking at that post and since the ACP requires javascript might be a better solution to just inject a script at the end of the body js template that goes throughand changes all the anchors etc.

Another option which is a bit like what I do is making admin.php redirect to the real area.

Top Bottom