Add-on Push Notifications - OSX Safari

If they implement this on iOS, it could direct many developers out of making apps inside the App Store ecosystem and focus on responsive sites. Personally, I'd like to make an entry-level push product without many moving parts, but it doesn't look like Apple wants this.

I'd like something like your current app, but effectively working like a site branded Pushover app instead. So it always redirects the user to their native browser (or browser of their choice) after tapping the notification. I encountered too many bugs in the in app browser when using your turnkey app.

It would effectively be a basic white labelled pushover style app, with default push settings setup by the admin, that can then be customised further by the user after installing it.

That way you can have a free app for users to install from the app store instead of users having to fork out $5 per licence for pushover.

All the cost is pushed onto the admin, that will hopefully up the install rate, you get native push notifications to the users device with no hassle or clunky signing up for other services and then associating accounts, and they get the full native web browser experience so all of your mobile friendly add ons work. Win, win, win, win.

I'd like something like your current app, but effectively working like a site branded Pushover app instead. So it always redirects the user to their native browser (or browser of their choice) after tapping the notification.
Answered here: https://theadminzone.com/threads/the-case-against-a-branded-pushover-type-app.143440/
I encountered too many bugs in the in app browser
The in-app browser engine has changed significantly over the past year, and that should no longer be a problem. The issues you are experiencing are not likely to be related to the engine/type of app; they are bugs that need to be fixed in the native parts of the app.

We can't do anything about fixed bugs experienced previously, but there has been a lot of progress in the app's development recently, as the admins of the apps can attest to, and it will continue to improve. 2.2 will be a very big update (biggest to date) and has a lot of fixes.

If you are willing, you can then try it out again after the board has updated the add-on, and send in your feedback.

Top Bottom