Implemented Push notifications need a modal prompt

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
How does that one work?
If a Device+Browser supports push notifications and notifications are not enable, Slack adds a sticky top bar (with a cross sign to close it) saying:

"Slack needs your permission to enable desktop notifications."

Clicking on the bar triggers the notification registration process (i.e., causing the browser to open corresponding permission dialogue). Clicking on the cross/close icon changes the top sticky bar's color and message saying:

"We strongly recommend enabling desktop notifications if you’ll be using Slack on this computer. Enable notificationsAsk me next timeNever ask again on this computer"

Taking any of these three suggested actions will dismiss the sticky top bar. The "Ask me next time" option dismisses it for the current session.

Thank you for implementing!
I'm not seeing it yet on win7/FF.
Well, that's to be expected with your currently unreproducible issue. I'll try and boot up a Windows 7 install and do some testing but people on Windows 7 do seem to suggest that push notifications are working for them.

Well, that's to be expected with your currently unreproducible issue. I'll try and boot up a Windows 7 install and do some testing but people on Windows 7 do seem to suggest that push notifications are working for them.

I just got the banner on Windows 7 / Chrome on my work machine.

Only two people out of many seem to be having issues with FF and Win 7 at the moment.

I’ve downloaded a Windows 7 VM so will try and figure what can cause that.

Sorry I meant the notification itself, the enable bar is the same as yours.

The notification seems to have lost the avatar styling (not sure if that's deliberate or not though)

Ah right. Yeah we have no control over how the notifications look in terms of styling, really. And despite the avatars appearing as circles here, the real images are still square. So, yeah, that looks how I'd expect it to.

Top Bottom