Purchasing from Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruzya

How i can purchase XFRM when i live in Russia (Visa and MasterCard won't work for payments outside the country)? Currently Stripe is only available method.

I forgot that add-ons are tied to license, so are not transferrable by themselves. Seeing if I can just purchase it for them.
That's very kind of you. Just be sure that you get the money first and give it a few days after it's cleared in case there's any kind of reversal on it.

I wasn't going to accept any money for it, was just going to purchase it for them.
Would it not be prudent to first find out what they want the licence for?

If for instance it is to promote pro-Russian propaganda, would you want to be complicit in this?
If on the other hand it is to provide a platform to discuss the atrocities being carried out within Ukraine under the banner of a 'special military excercise' when it is in effect a war, then by all means offer your support.

Reactions: TFW
May I ask what are your intentions for a XF licence in Russia?
I already have a XF license. First my forum account was assigned because I'm technician administrator one of russian board about game servers, then purchased license for own usage on my own domain. I need buy an official add-on for XF, nothing else.

Anyway, I received a response from XF staff, and I planning contact with friends who living in another countries (including Ukraine), and thread may be closed for stopping offtop.

If for instance it is to promote pro-Russian propaganda, would you want to be complicit in this?
If on the other hand it is to provide a platform to discuss the atrocities being carried out within Ukraine under the banner of a 'special military excercise' when it is in effect a war, then by all means offer your support.

🙄 you know what they say about making assumptions.

I already have a XF license. First my forum account was assigned because I'm technician administrator one of russian board about game servers, then purchased license for own usage on my own domain. I need buy an official add-on for XF, nothing else.

Anyway, I received a response from XF staff, and I planning contact with friends who living in another countries (including Ukraine), and thread may be closed for stopping offtop.

If you need help let me know and the offer still stands.

What if its neither?

Yup, yup and yup.

It's horrible and there's no upside. Being unable to buy forum software is nothing compared to the genocide going on in Ukraine right now. Just read an article in The Guardian about how Ukrainian women are being raped and murdered by Russian soldiers. If that isn't a war crime, I don't know what is.

It's exactly the intent of the economic sanctions. Economic pressure on the the people, businesses, oligarchs and government, which in turn hopefully pressure Putin to stop the war on Ukraine.

The US and NATO killed over a million people in Iraq only, God knows how much they killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Somalia plus they are still killing in Yemen! Why isn't anyone talking about that?

The US and NATO killed over a million people in Iraq only, God knows how much they killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Somalia plus they are still killing in Yemen! Why isn't anyone talking about that?

It's all a bit more complicated than you seem to be implying, however. And in none of these cases did the US or NATO attempt to invade these countries with the purpose of annexing a country. I'm the first to admit that the official reasons given by the US for the invasion of Iraq in 2003 were fabrications, but even in that case it might never have happened if not for the 9/11 attack in 2001. It became an excuse to oust Saddam and at the same time remind the whole region not to F with the US. Not saying that "justified" the war, but the two things are definitely connected. As, of course, was our involvement in Afghanistan. I'm not going to go over the rest of these one by one, but I'll just mention that with the last one, Yemen, remember that US involvement began in 2001, after al-Qaeda in Yemen bombed a U.S. Navy warship, the USS Cole, and US involvement was stepped up in 2009 after Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab attempted to bring down an airliner en route to Detroit, Michigan.

In any case, one wrong does not make a right and all that. I've no doubt that every nation on the planet has been guilty of more than one atrocity or another, and they always have their reasons, but we can only try to do better going forward. In the future, hopefully international communities will be quick to denounce any country engaging in a clearly unjust war, whether it's Russia or the United States or any other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom