promotions after import from vbulletin

Mr Lucky

On my current vbulletin forum there are paid subscribers who got promoted to a special usergroup as a primary group and will be reverted to their previous primary group after the length of time the subscription bought.

I noticed in the xenforu import, the list of active upgrades shows the correct end date for each subscriber. So far so good.

However it is advised to have a different system in xenforo to what I've been using, ie instead of everyone being in a specific primary group, they are all in registered but with different secondary groups.

I will be changing all the users to this scheme.

My question is when a paid subcribers subscription ends, what happens? will they just go back as it was on vbulletin, ie to the registered as primary? or is there somewhere I can reset this so they go back to the verified usergroup as secondary.

Hope that makes sense...

In this case, you would need to manually set it up. We can't translate the primary group change because we don't have a concept of it. So we don't have any data stored for this group change.

If you do switch to the secondary group, I would recommend configuring the user upgrade correctly, removing the existing upgrade for them (that doesn't have the secondary group change), and then use the "manually upgrade user" system. The upgrade data is tracked based on what it was when they got the upgrade. As such, if you change the structure of an upgrade, it only applies to new purchases of it; in other words, a user group will only be removed on upgrade expiration if it was added when the upgrade was applied.

So if I leave it as it is, will the users will get downgraded automatically (if the upgrade happened in vbulletin) but obviously downgraded back to what it was in vbulletin, ie into registered as a primary

Not exactly - if you were using a primary user group change in vB, then there's no way to preserve that behavior in XF since it doesn't exist. As such, it can't be imported. When that upgrade expires, nothing would happen in XF.

Not exactly - if you were using a primary user group change in vB, then there's no way to preserve that behaviour in XF since it doesn't exist. As such, it can't be imported. When that upgrade expires, nothing would happen in XF.

Ah OK, so I just keep an eye out and degrade them manually

Top Bottom