PromotionForum - ForumPromotion, Webmaster & Admin Forum

Doesn't setting a 301 redirect from the old domain to the new rebranded domain, mean that backlinks that are already existing will redirect if it's a wildcard configuration?
That's a redirection won't help much. If you have started an unique domain and put a lot of effort, your seo and reputation will be higher than changing domain names couple of times.

That's a redirection won't help much. If you have started an unique domain and put a lot of effort, your seo and reputation will be higher than changing domain names couple of times.
So, to clarify, it doesn't matter how many backlinks or existing traffic I have on the forumpromotion.co domain, the traffic will redirect to the new domain but in terms of SEO signals, I will have to rebuild that from scratch?

So, to clarify, it doesn't matter how many backlinks or existing traffic I have on the forumpromotion.co domain, the traffic will redirect to the new domain but in terms of SEO signals, I will have to rebuild that from scratch?
Is not about rebuilding. Is about forum reputation. Better reputation, better SEO, more registrations and more views.

Is like I would create Facebook.me or other domain, I won't make it better no matter how much money and time is invested. Users will look at the domain name dodgy.

People tent to go there where is simplicity and something unique is provided.

Is not about rebuilding. Is about forum reputation. Better reputation, better SEO, more registrations and more views.

Is like I would create Facebook.me or other domain, I won't make it better no matter how much money and time is invested. Users will look at the domain name dodgy.

People tent to go there where is simplicity and something unique is provided.
Would rebranding now, be too late?

Stopping the shenanigans will also help build you own community instead of copying the FP.Net stuff. No other Admins of forums have any respect for people that steal or borrow stuff -names, images, logos, tag lines, formats anything your doing to copy another forum is just a downgrade for your own community. You want it to be unique in its own image then stop copying ForumPromotion.net

We have rebranded from forumpromotion to promotionforum. We have taken the feedback from multiple members informing us that we didn't create a unique brand and that we shouldn't copy forumpromotion.

I would like to thank you for your support. I welcome any further comments about the website, and how we can improve. The meta-information has also been updated to help with ranking. Come and join the #1 Webmaster Site today!

Can you think of a better name? We've chosen that name mainly because of SEO reasons.
You can still rank for a keyword without the keyword being in the domain name itself. Just go for something unique and have the keyword "Forum Promotion" in the title and H1. Swapping the two words around isn't any better than before. I'd also recommend going for a .com domain extension.

You can still rank for a keyword without the keyword being in the domain name itself. Just go for something unique and have the keyword "Forum Promotion" in the title and H1. Swapping the two words around isn't any better than before. I'd also recommend going for a .com domain extension.
.com, .net, and .org are taken. .co ranks on the same level as the other top level domains but I am constantly checking to see when and if these domains become available.

I agree with what was said above, having the keyword in the title is just as good as having the domain, I would seek out .com if possible and try to change up the forums somewhat, there is a ton of room for new promotion sites however if I was going to build one it would not be the same as FP as I would want it to stand on its own, what you are trying to achieve could be the same just not a mirror of the .net one currently online.

As for the style @Alexander. the current layout of the forum seems like it is jammed up as in the forms themselves, I know many are testing the waters on not having the standard forum layout however on a site like yours you want users to plainly see what you are offering, I just find the center of the page a little cluttered, It may be all of the flashing names you have happening as well or the forum description is too long and it may be just me.

Not saying I don't like the look of that as I have the same theme however my users said the same thing to me so I changed it.

PromotionForum - Best Forum Promotion, Webmaster &.webp

.com, .net, and .org are taken. .co ranks on the same level as the other top level domains but I am constantly checking to see when and if these domains become available.
I see it will come available on aftermarket for $9300
Are you willing to pay so much for it?

What I meant to include there is, I would not even use the FP.com domain I would do some research on the name and come up with a new one perhaps add promotion in the name or along those lines.

I agree with what was said above, having the keyword in the title is just as good as having the domain, I would seek out .com if possible and try to change up the forums somewhat, there is a ton of room for new promotion sites however if I was going to build one it would not be the same as FP as I would want it to stand on its own, what you are trying to achieve could be the same just not a mirror of the .net one currently online.

As for the style @Alexander. the current layout of the forum seems like it is jammed up as in the forms themselves, I know many are testing the waters on not having the standard forum layout however on a site like yours you want users to plainly see what you are offering, I just find the center of the page a little cluttered, It may be all of the flashing names you have happening as well or the forum description is too long and it may be just me.

Not saying I don't like the look of that as I have the same theme however my users said the same thing to me so I changed it.

View attachment 263747
Thank you for the feedback. I have made some changes to the theme, spacing, and a few node names. Good spot! We haven't directly copied their node layout, however, some could argue that it is similar to our competitor: forumpromotion.net. We will look into seeing if we can make any further modifications to the node list, to become more unique.

I see it will come available on aftermarket for $9300
Are you willing to pay so much for it?
I could afford to pay 9,300$ but I do not value promotionforum.com to be worth that much money. At most, I'd pay 1,000USD$ but no more - it's best to wait for the domain to expire. We are constantly checking the TLD's to see if a more established one becomes available and will make changes where required. Although, we would like to avoid making any further changes to our domain, as this could harm our community in the long run - especially the SEO on promotionforum
We do not plan on using the FP.com domain, we plan on setting up a redirect if the sale falls through.

I'm still confused about the branding and supposed SEO. This a forum about promotion? But what kind of promotion? Is it about promotion of teams, or about promoting (as in marketing) anything ?

People would more likely be searching for the term marketing or similar in that case. Given that those two terms are so generic, it's unlikely that serach term will ever rank and your best SEO target is more long tail and specific keywords. And therefore the branding itself can be more exciting, cool, clever, snappy, unique, eyecatching or whatever.

Top Bottom