PromotionForum - ForumPromotion, Webmaster & Admin Forum

You can only predict that your competitor will be out of service for the foreseeable future if you are behind the DDoS attack. You are not putting much effort into hiding that anyway. So I guess you are right on that front.
You shouldn't make assumptions without factual evidence. I am simply taking advantage of a gap in the market like any business person would, for their own financial and interest gain. It's kind of obvious that the owner has given up on Forum Promotion, otherwise, they would have mitigated the attack. How do you think companies of a larger scale stay online - It's not magic. Besides, you really think I have 10,000's of thousands of dollars to ensure a website stays offline by pumping data into their servers? Nope.

@Ozzy47 - I apologize for being a hypocrite but let's use this topic to make valid suggestions for the real, unique ForumPromotion.co! We shouldn't be debating other websites on this promotional directory topic. If anybody has any advice or improvements on how we can make ForumPromotion.co grow that would be great!

We've recently got the forumpromotion.com domain and will be updating this domain in the next few weeks. That should help us. :)

I am simply taking advantage of a gap in the market like any business person would, for their own financial and interest gain.
Ah, I see. So its a massive coincidence that you create a copycat website at the same time that the original site is down because someone with a motive is DDoS-ing the website. Gotcha! :rolleyes:

Ah, I see. So its a massive coincidence that you create a copycat website at the same time that the original site is down because someone with a motive is DDoS-ing the website. Gotcha! :rolleyes:
I’d like to point out that the DDoS started in October and has been continuing since then. They’ve been up and down since late October. Most likely, that the DDoS has crashed their backend database or they’ve used all their bandwidth.

Cameron has a 12 month contract with a new hosting company, that he will struggle to get out of , if he wants to change servers again.

Don’t make assumptions without the correct details. @Ozzy47 can confirm this information if required.

Again, I am not responsible for anything that happens to ForumPromotion.net, nor do I take liability for the DDOS attack. It is not me.

Can we please stop blaming others, and actually provide constructive feedback for our unique ForumPromotion.co community?

Can we please stop blaming others, and actually provide constructive feedback for our unique ForumPromotion.co community?

Setting aside any accusations, the bottom line is you are attempting to cash in on someone else's problems and doing so with an obvious degree of satisfaction which in itself is contemptible. The best feedback I can give you is to stop what you are doing.

Setting aside any accusations, the bottom line is you are attempting to cash in on someone else's problems and doing so with an obvious degree of satisfaction which in itself is contemptible. The best feedback I can give you is to stop what you are doing.
We respect your feedback. There can be multiple websites called Forum Promotion but only one can truly say that they are the best at the bottom of their heart and that’s ForumPromotion.co. One of our core values is integrity, meaning we are trustworthy and act within good faith and are accountable for any mistakes.

We appreciate your feedback but I’m this instance, I don’t believe that would align to our core values of acting within good faith for our members. We will reach the Apex instead. However, we welcome other suggestions from you about how we can continue being the leading promotional forum.

We just don't want to do it...
I wish I could but I don't want to. (c)
I respect that, and we are guessing that’s because everything looks on the website, and your going to join soon? Any feedback is welcome to maintain our professional brand image.

We respect your feedback. There can be multiple websites called Forum Promotion but only one can truly say that they are the best at the bottom of their heart and that’s ForumPromotion.co. One of our core values is integrity, meaning we are trustworthy and act within good faith and are accountable for any mistakes.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seriously?

You have zero integrity. You are not trustworthy and act in bad faith and don't keep yourself accountable for your mistakes..

@Alexander. Are you 14 or 15 years old or something like that?
Sadly, I doubt he is. :(

The major point that you appear to be missing is who decides what is the "best"? By what measure is it the best? Is that voted on by your peers? An independent panel judging? Is there some other metric that indicates yours is better than others? Or is it the best because you say it is?

Unfortunately it appears to be the latter, which unfortunately completely nullifies your assertion that you have integrity and are trustworthy.

Now, if you were to say your forum is the biggest, or the busiest or the most popular then this is measurable and, as long as it is true, you'd be well within your rights to boast about that as much as you like and no one would be able to disagree. However, saying something is "the best" is completely subjective unless it can be objectively measured by something specific.

At the moment your arbitrary and baseless claim that you are the best is just going to do you more harm than good.

The major point that you appear to be missing is who decides what is the "best"? By what measure is it the best? Is that voted on by your peers? An independent panel judging? Is there some other metric that indicates yours is better than others? Or is it the best because you say it is?

Unfortunately it appears to be the latter, which unfortunately completely nullifies your assertion that you have integrity and are trustworthy.

Now, if you were to say your forum is the biggest, or the busiest or the most popular then this is measurable and, as long as it is true, you'd be well within your rights to boast about that as much as you like and no one would be able to disagree. However, saying something is "the best" is completely subjective unless it can be objectively measured by something specific.

At the moment your arbitrary and baseless claim that you are the best is just going to do you more harm than good.
Thank you for your feedback. I am saying that the forum I’ve created is the best as it hasn’t been a whole week and we’ve got over 1000 posts. That’s a good start? I probably won’t say I’m the best but will state that we’re nearly the best if we keep heading down the road we are moving forward.

I really appreciate what you’ve said and it makes perfect sense why it might be taken as negative interpretation

@Alexander. Are you 14 or 15 years old or something like that?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seriously?

You have zero integrity. You are not trustworthy and act in bad faith and don't keep yourself accountable for your mistakes..

Sadly, I doubt he is. :(
Guys, this is very close to, if not beyond, being against various forum rules including rule #2:

I think you've both said enough so I'm asking you to leave it at that.

I really don't think the major issue is that they're saying it's the best, who isn't going to say that about their own product. Even the front page of XenForo says:

There is no better platform upon which to grow your community.

I think the major point is that it's an exact ripoff of another existing site, even going as far as using the same name and domain with a different TLD

Don't like the navigation stuck on the side, gives me a claustrophobic feeling...... Don't like the idea that you have 54 members and already have ads floating around.

Nice effort. Keep at it. There is always those that will support, and those that simply will not. Ignore the noise, focus on what you are attempting to do. Always remember, haters gonna hate.

I'll check back after browsing and let you know where that "best of" stands for me.... hah.

Interesting to see you've already stolen a Feedback image from FP.

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 20-27-33 Forum Promotion - Best Webmaster, Admin and Internet Marketi...png

Our Graphics Moderator designed that image for our community back in 2010. I assume you pulled that from the Wayback Machine on Archive.org?

Top Bottom