PromotionForum - ForumPromotion, Webmaster & Admin Forum

Whether ForumPromotion and its assets/content was ever a registered copyright is irrelevant depending on where the server is hosted. In both the UK and US you automatically own copyright once you create the work. You don't need to go through the process of registering it all official like.

Source: Gov.UK

Copyright protects your work and stops others from using it without your permission.

You get copyright protection automatically - you don’t have to apply or pay a fee. There isn’t a register of copyright works in the UK.

You automatically get copyright protection when you create:
  • original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic work, including illustration and photography
  • original non-literary written work, such as software, web content and databases
  • sound and music recordings
  • film and television recordings
  • broadcasts
  • the layout of published editions of written, dramatic and musical works

You can mark your work with the copyright symbol (©), your name and the year of creation. Whether you mark the work or not doesn’t affect the level of protection you have.

Source: Copyright.gov

When is my work protected?

Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

Do I have to register with your office to be protected?

No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”

So @Alexander. the burden of proof actually lies on you to provide evidence you created these assets first.

Whether ForumPromotion and its assets/content was ever a registered copyright is irrelevant depending on where the server is hosted. In both the UK and US you automatically own copyright once you create the work. You don't need to go through the process of registering it all official like.

Source: Gov.UK

Source: Copyright.gov

So @Alexander. the burden of proof actually lies on you to provide evidence you created these assets first.
Such bizarre behavior, but nothing shocks me with you these days. Good luck thief.
We have taken the decision to create our own graphic design. Problem solved :)
Updating templates now.

ForumPromotion.co 2022 - 1642206290158.webp

ForumPromotion.net 2010: 1642206318165.webp

tmp4iSgPY.jpg

We have taken the decision to create our own graphic design. Problem solved :)
Updating templates now.

ForumPromotion.co 2022 - View attachment 263368

ForumPromotion.net 2010: View attachment 263369

We need to make sure Forum Promotion is unique :)

Nice image, looks familiar.
Ah yes, nothing screams unique like making a carbon copy site of your main competitor. :X3:

Also, I see you have 1K posts, but I checked it further and most of it is extremely low quality/obvious pay/fake posting. There is no actual discussion, just tons of filler posts. "Best forum" :p 1642244252545.webp

Last edited:
The fact you have copied the name, a lot of the node structure and even the slogan just makes me feel very uncomfortable. Ethically, there is nothing wrong with competition but you have crossed a lot of moral boundaries IMO and that makes me think as an admin that you cannot be trusted.

This whole situation is a little uncomfortable and I’m not even affiliated with the actual ForumPromotion.net.

Why not at least come up with an original name...?
It could hardly have been said better.

It's just cheap copy and that's exactly how I perceive the site.
And I'm not even connected to the actual ForumPromotion.net.

Have you took in consideration changing domain name? You could get better reputation than your competitors.
That's a good point, in that I agree with. The reason we are starting out with the forumpromotion.co domain is for SEO reasons. We are already ranking for the search term forumpromotion on google and bing. After we have at least 10,000 posts and a good userbase, we will rebrand to a unique identity. However, it's just to get the word out there for the meantime if that makes sense

That's a good point, in that I agree with. The reason we are starting out with the forumpromotion.co domain is for SEO reasons. We are already ranking for the search term forumpromotion on google and bing. After we have at least 10,000 posts and a good userbase, we will rebrand to a unique identity. However, it's just to get the word out there for the meantime if that makes sense
I believe that would cause you more damage than gain.

Rebranding a site, means SEO from beginning, this also may upset users who joined under current domain name. But that's my opinion.

I believe that would cause you more damage than gain.

Rebranding a site, means SEO from beginning, this also may upset users who joined under current domain name. But that's my opinion.
Doesn't setting a 301 redirect from the old domain to the new rebranded domain, mean that backlinks that are already existing will redirect if it's a wildcard configuration?

@Ozzy47 - I apologize for being a hypocrite but let's use this topic to make valid suggestions for the real, unique ForumPromotion.co! We shouldn't be debating other websites on this promotional directory topic. If anybody has any advice or improvements on how we can make ForumPromotion.co grow that would be great!

We've recently got the forumpromotion.com domain and will be updating this domain in the next few weeks. That should help us. :)

He prob means he going to rebrand to the .com

Top Bottom