Promote and Demote User

Promote and Demote User 2.0.8

No permission to download
I added the following
Code:
<xen:if is="{$canEditUser}"><a href="{xen:link members/promote, $user}">{xen:phrase promote_demote}</a></xen:if>

in the template member_card under the section userLinks and added a phrase to re-add the old "Promote & Demote" link in the member card.

afbawjcl.jpg

I added the following
Code:
<xen:if is="{$canEditUser}"><a href="{xen:link members/promote, $user}">{xen:phrase promote_demote}</a></xen:if>

in the template member_card under the section userLinks and added a phrase to re-add the old "Promote & Demote" link in the member card.

afbawjcl.jpg
You should use this condition:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} != {$user.user_id} AND ({$visitor.permissions.general.nobitaPromote_primary} OR {$visitor.permissions.general.nobitaPromote_secondary})">
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'members/promote', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase nobita_promote_member}</a></li>
</xen:if>

when promote user this plugin mess-up permission so promoted user cannot edit/delete own post

Last edited:
I installed this addon to ver 1.2.4 but I don't even know how to see the moderator tools panel that's shown in the picture. Is that a separate addon?

I don't even understand what is meant by the primary and secondary groups. Is the primary group the one doing the promoting?

I've got people set as moderators, do they promote from primary to secondary?

I installed this addon to ver 1.2.4 but I don't even know how to see the moderator tools panel that's shown in the picture. Is that a separate addon?

I don't even understand what is meant by the primary and secondary groups. Is the primary group the one doing the promoting?

I've got people set as moderators, do they promote from primary to secondary?
Sorry. Please upgrade to 2.0.7 as possible :)

@Nobita.Kun So there is a little issue with having it under "Moderator Tools" lets say you want to give promotion option to someone who does not have moderator sure fine you can see it if their profile is not private restricted. You might want to add an option to display it back in member card again.

So I've added above to make it work if user has their settings to private, Inside of the current member_card template.
Code:
<div class="userLinks">
        <xen:hook name="member_card_links">
            <a href="{xen:link members, $user}">{xen:phrase profile_page}</a>
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} AND {$user.user_id} != {$visitor.user_id}">
                <xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}"><a href="{xen:link conversations/add, '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a></xen:if>
                <xen:follow user="$user" class="Tooltip" />
                <xen:if is="{xen:helper isIgnored, $user.user_id}"><a href="{xen:link members/unignore, $user}" class="FollowLink">{xen:phrase unignore}</a><xen:elseif is="{$canIgnore}" /><a href="{xen:link members/ignore, $user}" class="FollowLink">{xen:phrase ignore}</a></xen:if>
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} != {$user.user_id} AND ({$visitor.permissions.general.nobitaPromote_primary} OR {$visitor.permissions.general.nobitaPromote_secondary})">
                  <a href="{xen:link 'members/promote', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase nobita_promote_member}</a>
        </xen:hook>
        </div>

Last edited:
Hi,

Great mod, but I have a question the email that is sent, does not list what they been promoted to.
This is what I got

Hi USERNAME, Your account on at WEBSITE was promoted by XYZ.

How do I add what they was upgraded to, I am use the secondary groups?

I used this mod primarily due to link in membercard. Now gone?!
If you use XenForo 1.2. it's not work. :)

Hi,

Great mod, but I have a question the email that is sent, does not list what they been promoted to.
This is what I got

Hi USERNAME, Your account on at WEBSITE was promoted by XYZ.

How do I add what they was upgraded to, I am use the secondary groups?
It's unavailable yet. I will add in next update.

Issue: addon-nobita_Promote.xml is in upload/library folder. you should fix that by moving it to same level like folder "upload" ;)

screen-shot-2015-03-09-at-11-27-42-pm-png.100692

Issue: In Overlay option "Merge existing secondary groups of user with new groups" should be controlled by a new permission if user is able to see/use this option in overlay. because at the moment when my moderator only should be able to control 3 of all 10 secondary groups, he can only select these 3 secondary groups how it should, but if he activate "Merge existing...", then the edited user will be removed from all 10 secondary groups instead of only the controlled.

"Notification via: Email" is it possible to only show alert (controlled by a new permission) as option?

Top Bottom