Project Bloodfang - New PC Build Log.

So got a large part of the re-tubing done today.

First, new drain for the CPU loop. Much tidier and secure that the previous version:

DSCN3495.JPG

Tubed up down to the drain port

DSCN3497.JPG

The pipes running from the graphics cards had problems due to the length of the run and the relatively insecure fittings the other side of the case. So to fix this I rang up my main man Power again who fabricated me a plate which will replace the bottom fan hole slot, but then extends further along so I could place these bulkheads in to give the graphics card tubing a solid secure base to hold up against.

DSCN3499.JPG

In place with the 2 compression fittings attached:

DSCN3501.JPG

From the other side:

DSCN3503.JPG

Flexi hose in place. Again, the reason for this is to make removal of the front radiator *considerably* easier, so if I need access to the back radiator, any of the fans or control boards I am able to whip it out quickly and easily without having to spend hours removing acrylic fittings and tube

DSCN3506.JPG

DSCN3508.JPG

DSCN3509.JPG

First graphics card reconnected to the new secure fittings

DSCN3511.JPG

DSCN3513.JPG

Today I also had a special delivery from Mick at Mayhems with the long awaited Aurora 2 coolant. Thanks Mick! Picture of this to come soon.

Now im happy with the new pipework layout down below, I hope to finish that up tomorrow, apply a fix to the top pipework (similar thing, use bulkhead fittings to secure them) and all going well, have this rig up and running next week!

About time too :)

Yay so we're almost there... again.

In recent photos you may have noticed the dust buildup. Unfortunately where I live is near a main bypass road and a lot of dust gets kicked up. So, to keep cleaning the inside of this case to a minimum when up and running, purchased some Demiflex Filters.

Magnetic section applied to the inlets:

DSCN3517.JPG

And the removable filter attached:

DSCN3518.JPG

Re worked the top to be cleaner and more secure with bulkhead fittings. Much better I think you'll agree:

Before:

After:

DSCN3544.JPG

Shots from the underside:

DSCN3546.JPG

DSCN3549.JPG

Graphics loop back and assembled, more secure, tidier.

DSCN3552.JPG

DSCN3553.JPG

And a final shot of how things look at the moment:

DSCN3557.JPG

Right now I have both loops filled with plain water running at full whack for 24 hours to test for leaks and clean everything out. Once done I can drain them down, and refill with the shiny aurora 2 coolant.

Not much left to go now!

Mini update before the final push this week.

Wasn't happy with the cables on display. So decided to do some cable sewing. Used black fishing line oppsed to threads or laces.

DSCN3584.JPG

DSCN3585.JPG

DSCN3588.JPG

I think this thread is a joke... 9 months to build a computer really?

If he's going to heavily customize it to his liking, then of course it's going to take a long time. In addition, he's had to wait for parts to arrive and has had some small delays due to technical issues or other complications.

Cut him some slack.

I think this thread is a joke... 9 months to build a computer really?

Then your clearly havent been keeping pace, it was already finished once before :)

so gtx 800 series probably out in a month :whistle:

Indeed, fortunately my Titans are still within EVGA's step up time limits for another 45 days or so.... so if the performance gain is worth it ill swap em out :)

Right now I have both loops filled with plain water running at full whack for 24 hours to test for leaks and clean everything out.
I've heard people use distilled water for this. Maybe your use of plain water doesn't matter because it'll be running only a very short time?

Mini update before the final push this week.

Wasn't happy with the cables on display. So decided to do some cable sewing. Used black fishing line oppsed to threads or laces.

DSCN3584.JPG

DSCN3585.JPG
Looks very clean and organized indeed!
Nicely done and thanks again for sharing.

I've heard people use distilled water for this. Maybe your use of plain water doesn't matter because it'll be running only a very short time?

Looks very clean and organized indeed!
Nicely done and thanks again for sharing.

Yes it was distilled water, but I meant plain as in no addatives etc

4.5ghz Testing 100 bclk with a 45 multiplier and 1.4vcore, easily stable, dropping the vcore back to 1.35 also stable. Time to up the strap now to 125 to increase graphical throughput.

:)

10614197_10202600806008859_813358018329178947_n.webp

A quick sneaky preview of the Aurora coolant at night. How it just looks like wisps of smoke (watch in 720p) and at the end you can see it moving through the graphics pipework.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom