1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Profile Views Count?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by DRE, Sep 26, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Can someone make a profile views count? I know there are profile visitors modifications but I don't think they display the amount of times your profiles have been viewed.

Would love to be able to display top 5 viewed profiles on the forum home sidebar too.

erich37 likes this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Should there be an option for users to turn the profile logging feature off for their profile?

I think I'll do this and I think the most sensible way would be to log visits in the same way XenForo logs visits to a HTML page. Clearly, this will add one query each time a profile is viewed, but the end result will be a database table that contains the user ID and number of visits their profile has received.

It should then be relatively simple to display the top 5 viewed profiles in the sidebar.

Sound good?

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

HECCKKKK YEEAAHHHHH

4. Chris D

:ROFLMAO: Love your enthusiasm, but:

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

No, just to hide it. I mean it will say 'turn off' but it's not really off, just visible to admins. I want to always see it though.

6. Chris D

Gotcha. No worries.

Leave it with me! :)

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I'mma donate when I can man I really appreciate this! I wanted to make my member's profiles public today but I stopped because I realized they can't track whose profile is the most popular or getting stalked the most.

Chris D likes this.
  8. Chris D

I have a working hit counter ;)

Just working on the sidebar block now :)

8thos and Sheldon like this.
  9. Chris D

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Chris D likes this.