• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Profile Signature placement

Shelley

I've always felt that the signature data that resides in the profile area under the interact tab placed at the bottom as opposed to the top is my own preference so this little tip will show you how.

Go into your member_view template

Find the following code:

Code:
                <xen:if is="{$user.signature}">
                    <div class="section">
                        <h3 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase signature}</h3>
                        <div class="primaryContent">
                            <div class="baseHtml signature ugc">{xen:raw $user.signatureHtml}</div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </xen:if>

And place it above the following which is located in the foot (bottom) of the template

Code:
</div>
            </li>
        </ul>
    </div>

</div>

The results (screenshot below) places the signature data below the Interact data.

Profile_after.webp profile_before.webp

Nice and yea it should be at the bottom. This should get implemented as the important stuff should be on top and the non important stuff like a sig at the bottom.

This should get implemented as the important stuff should be on top and the non important stuff like a sig at the bottom.

I agree, but it also depends on how you use signatures:

This brings me to the question: what is more important and more often used information/functionality? Is it the signature that is presented first at the top of the screen when you look at the [Information]-tab or is the 'Interact' section that is displayed at the bottom of the screen? Well... I never look at the signature. Once you've seen it in the forums, you've seen it? For me it is much more important to be able to contact the member in an easy way than to look at the signature inside a profile. On the other hand... when you use paid Advertisement's inside a signature (which I do), then it is actually very beneficial that the signature is presented there first. Maybe a new dedicated [Interact] tab would solve all 'issues'?.

hmmm which is why I posted this in tips and tricks because it's not a significant change that warrants a template modification placement.

Just don't linch me.
tongue.png

Top Bottom