1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum is for release discussion only. Discussions that do not relate specifically to the resource release should be discussed in another, more appropriate forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Profile Signature placement

Discussion in 'Template Modifications [Archive]' started by Shelley, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I've always felt that the signature data that resides in the profile area under the interact tab placed at the bottom as opposed to the top is my own preference so this little tip will show you how.

Go into your member_view template

Find the following code:

<xen:if is="{$user.signature}">
                        <div class="section">
                            <h3 class="textHeading">{xen:phrase signature}</h3>
                            <div class="primaryContent">
                                <div class="baseHtml signature ugc">{xen:raw $user.signatureHtml}</div>
    And place it above the following which is located in the foot (bottom) of the template

The results (screenshot below) places the signature data below the Interact data.

Profile_after.png profile_before.png
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Nice and yea it should be at the bottom. This should get implemented as the important stuff should be on top and the non important stuff like a sig at the bottom.
    erich37 likes this.
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Well rats, I thought this was going to move the sig to the bottom of a post. :(
  4. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

I agree, but it also depends on how you use signatures:

5. Shelley

TBH - I don't think its often anyone will ever venture into/inside the interact tab. I could be wrong with that assumption.
  6. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i reckon we need a new tab for spam and affiliate links too.
  7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Me too...didn't read the "profile" in the title, just the signature placement and got excited :)
    Peggy likes this.
  8. Shelley

hmmm which is why I posted this in tips and tricks because it's not a significant change that warrants a template modification placement.

Just don't linch me. [​IMG]
  9. Michael Dance

Michael Dance Active Member

Thanks Shelly thats so much better :)
  10. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the share Shelley :)
    Shelley likes this.
  11. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

agree, Signatures should be at the botton.... as with any contract.