Profile Posts?

Steve Freides

On our forum, people seem to use Profile Posts as a way of having a conversation, albeit a public one, with an individual - is this the intention of Profile Posts? I always thought of them as a place where I could, e.g., announce I'd be offline for a couple of days or things of that nature.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

@Amaury, no disrespect intended but I have seen that they can be used for both. I am curious to know how other boards are using them, and if XF's designers have an opinion on the subject as well.

Thanks.

-S-

They are pretty much the intended uses.

It's for communicating and discussing a person's thoughts in a more informal way in which a thread wouldn't usually be appropriate.

How do you write a profile post to someone else, with an arrow between my name and the other member? I just saw this on some other forums.

How do you write a profile post to someone else, with an arrow between my name and the other member? I just saw this on some other forums.
You just write a profile post on another member's profile page to make this happen. :)

Thank you! I've been writing them on the sidebar block. I can't believe it's that simple! Thanks!

Top Bottom