Resource icon

Profile Posts with BB Codes 2.0

No permission to download
E
Yes. I'm glad you understand and enthusiastically support me
Are you using this my addon? You can enable Wysiwyg Editor and check. I tried on the XenForo default style. This error has occurred. I'm hoping that soon there instructions or updated version fixes this soon from you. Thank you in advance!!

I am currently busy with other things. If you consider it an urgent issue that the Wysiwyg editor isn't automatically cleared after posting to the profile page, I suggest you disable the editor for the time being.

@AlexT seams like the newlines are stripped away when posting on the profile
upload_2014-11-22_13-16-19.webp

Strange, it only appears to happen when someone writes on their own wall. If someone else post it workes
upload_2014-11-22_13-22-58.webp

Last edited:
@AlexT seams like the newlines are stripped away when posting on the profile
View attachment 90074

Strange, it only appears to happen when someone writes on their own wall. If someone else post it workes
View attachment 90075
Yeah. That's a XenForo "feature". Before saving it to the database XF intentionally strips new lines when you post to your own profile. You can turn off the addon and try. XF does that because when you post it it's not only posted to your profile but also to your status, and you probably don't want new lines in a user's status.

Yeah. That's a XenForo "feature". Before saving it to the database XF intentionally strips new lines when you post to your own profile. You can turn off the addon and try. XF does that because when you post it it's not only posted to your profile but also to your status, and you probably don't want new lines in a user's status.
Thank you for clarifying, and yes you are right regarding new lines in user status (y)

I can't seem to get Spoilers to work on profiles. What could be the issue or is this something the mod doesn't support?

@AlexT

I can't seem to get Spoilers to work on profiles. What could be the issue or is this something the mod doesn't support?

@AlexT
I haven't looked at it yet but it's possible that the spoiler code that was added in XF 1.3 uses some extra javascript that is not initialized by default on the profile page. Will check when I have the time.

I haven't looked at it yet but it's possible that the spoiler code that was added in XF 1.3 uses some extra javascript that is not initialized by default on the profile page. Will check when I have the time.
Thank you for the reply and I look forward to a possible update, mate!

I'd like to disable the new line stripping. Do you know where the code is that I need to remove?

I'd like to disable the new line stripping. Do you know where the code is that I need to remove?
Open library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/ProfilePost.php

Find: $message = preg_replace('/\r?\n/', ' ', $message);

Remove or comment this line.

Open library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/ProfilePost.php

Find: $message = preg_replace('/\r?\n/', ' ', $message);

Remove or comment this line.
Wonderful! Thank you!

I want to have the media resize for the status updates feed in the side bar but not on profile pages. Does anyone know how I can edit that in the extra.css file to allow that to happen?

Wonderful! Thank you!

I want to have the media resize for the status updates feed in the side bar but not on profile pages. Does anyone know how I can edit that in the extra.css file to allow that to happen?

If you are using Widget Framework, I have this:

Code:
.WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Template .ugc.baseHtml > iframe {
  margin-left: -34px !important;
  max-height: 138px;
  max-width: 230px;
  padding-top: 18px;
  }

If you aren't using the Framework, that code will work, likely just change it to .sidebar or something.

Perfect!

Here's everything I have in my extra.css now:

Code:
.sidebar .ugc.baseHtml > iframe {
  margin-left: -34px !important;
  max-height: 138px;
  max-width: 230px;
  padding-top: 18px;
  }

.status.baseHtml iframe {
width: 246px;
height:170px;
}

.userStatus iframe{
display: none;
}

.userStatus {
display: none;
}

That will keep the media and images out of the status section of the profile and resize it for the member card and status feed but keep it actual size for the profile page.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this perfection! I'm so happy to have this feature now!

Does anyone have a code u could try for responsive design on mobile profile view?

Not tried, as I keeep the videos small at all times but this should work...

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveMediumWidth) {
#ProfilePostList .ugc.baseHtml iframe {
}
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth) {
#ProfilePostList .ugc.baseHtml iframe {
}