XF 1.5 Profile Posts - remove, modify text area from "Profile Page?"

creativeforge

When we click on a member's avatar, the pop-up has a link to Profile Page. On that Profile Page, there is a text area under Profile Posts right at the top. It says "Write something."

profileposts.webp

This is often confusing as people believe this to be a kind of shoutbox or PM to the member. But we end up seeing these actually posted on the forum's home page sidebar under Profile Posts (I'm not using Widget Framework).

profile_posts2.webp

1- Is there a way to remove this tab or make it so that the Profile Posts that are written in another member's Profile Posts this way, will NOT show in the sidebar?

2- Also about PP notification - where do I set the notification so that a member receives notification that someone wrote them using Profile Posts in their Profile Page?

I'm dizzy now... ;)

Thanks in advance!

Andre

To remove the profile posts from the forum sidebar, there is an option named New Profile Posts to Display on Forum List under Node & Forum List options. Set the number 5 to 0 there and that will disable it from showing on the sidebar.
The part about the PP notifications was not very clear to me. Members get an alert notification each time someone will write a message on their profiles.

Thanks!

OK, maybe if I try one thing at a time it may be best.

When we click on a member's avatar, the pop-up has a link to Profile Page. On that Profile Page, there is a text area under Profile Posts right at the top. It says "Write something." I would like to get rid of that completely. The FIRST thing people should see is information about the member. That's why I click on their Profile page - to get more information about them.

View attachment 123242

Thanks!

Andre

Thanks Wang,

I actually want the WHOLE box, or tab, out of there. I know AndyB made an addon for that but seemingly it's not working or needed for 1.5?

Regards,

Andre

OK, thank you!

Now, if a member wants to write a profile post on his/her own profile, and show on the home page, how would I do that?

I want members to write profile posts on their own profiles, but nobody else, when you go to the profile page of another member you wouldn't see this box, but you would on your own profile.

Can we do that?

Cheers,

Andre

Please see my first post here on how to make profile posts appear on the forum sidebar.

To be able to accomplish your second part of your question, an add on would be needed. Because the permission system of xenforo does not cover that.

The Profile posts always show in the sidebar, so that wasn't my concern. I just don't want other people than the member themselves to be able to see this function.

Thank you, Wang!

Pls point what addon switches this pointless "profile post" off? Every second member mistakes profile posts with conversations!
They aren't "pointless", they are useful on at least some XenForo sites. :) Maybe you could make a post about them on your forums and educate your members about these? That's what I did.

Anyway, if you don't want members to make profile posts, you can do so in user group permissions.

Maybe you could make a post about them on your forums and educate your members about these? That's what I did.
Already done. The issue still remain. They avoid reading help/rules section

Anyway, if you don't want members to make profile posts, you can do so in user group permissions.
I want profile posts to be switched off or make this block invisible to members. My forum doesn't need this feature really.

Already done. The issue still remain. They avoid reading help/rules section
I find a notice with a link to a "Have You Seen...?" thread is very effective.

I want profile posts to be switched off or make this block invisible to members. My forum doesn't need this feature really.
You can't remove the feature completely. You can prevent members making profile posts and comments by removing their user group permissions. You can remove the block by setting "New Profile Posts to Display on Forum List" to 0 in the ACP. To find it, use the ACP search for "profile posts".

Martok,
Thanks! Setting entire block "Profile Post Permissions" on "not set(No)" forces this block to be visible but not editable any longer. However it would be great to be able to switch this block completely off in new upcoming Xenforo versions

Martok,
Thanks! Setting entire block "Profile Post Permissions" on "not set(No)" forces this block to be visible but not editable any longer. However it would be great to be able to switch this block completely off in new upcoming Xenforo versions

You can remove the block by setting "New Profile Posts to Display on Forum List" to 0 in the ACP. To find it, use the ACP search for "profile posts".

RE:
You can remove the block by setting "New Profile Posts to Display on Forum List" to 0 in the ACP. To find it, use the ACP search for "profile posts".

It removes from navigation panel only, but it doesn't switch the block off on member's page. I did remove from top nav. panel as well

Top Bottom