Profile Completion Steps [Paid] [Deleted]

Im not sure what you mean. Do you have another idea for preventing this from happening?
Currently we block all new registrations with incomplete profiles. Most are human spammers. About 4000 registrations per month are approved as these are the more serious members who will contribute something useful. Your addon would be a more elegant solution. But I do want to block random text from profiles.

I mean I will not do it because it isn't something that can be done without annoying your honest users. Also a typo in my last reply.

It isn't currently an option but I do want it to be. There is a lot more this add-on needs to be doing when I get to it.

I just bought this however it doesn't seem to be working on 1.2.4 can you please send me an update Robbo when humanly possible?

can you create a step with this add-on for a user to Like your forum page, or send out a tweet similar to how some incentivized offers are configured?

I mean I will not do it because it isn't something that can be done without annoying your honest users.
Maybe its possible to do this without annoying honest members. How about informing the user that the profile field does not seem to be complete? A dismissable or disappearing message could be used.

I just bought this however it doesn't seem to be working on 1.2.4 can you please send me an update Robbo when humanly possible?
Can you tell me what doesn't work? I assume other people here are using it on that version.

can you create a step with this add-on for a user to Like your forum page, or send out a tweet similar to how some incentivized offers are configured?
Not at this stage. However it is added to the list.

Maybe its possible to do this without annoying honest members. How about informing the user that the profile field does not seem to be complete? A dismissable or disappearing message could be used.
That seems like a lot of work just to try stop the guys who aren't following your rules and a message isn't going to make them follow them if it is optional. It's just not worth my time. Those users are always going to find a way to get around things.

In this form it's not about stopping anyone, but about informing them of the benefits of filling out the profile.
In any case I will add it myself.

Just to let you know that in the current way it works I'm unable to use this add-on (already purchased). The fact that the notice could not be dismissed made it extremely annoying for users (including myself lol) that it failed to outweigh the purpose of having it.

Just thought you might like the feedback, since it seems there are similar discussions above.

So disable the notice? Go into options and disable it. And just use the sidebar. That is how I would use it.

Found a bug:

After completing the first step (avatar upload) the option then changed to Update Your Location. When you hover over either of the links (either sidebar) it shows that it's a link to /account/personal-details/ but when you click it, it brings up the avatar screen again.

This was in Internet Explorer, didn't try it in other browsers.

error.webp

error2.webp

@Robbo This looks great... However, do you plan to implement when user clicks on a task and gets redirected, the cursor lands in the appropriate field? Would be much better that way.

Im not sure if this mod is working, it keeps asking the same thing again and again.
I had to disable it , hope this will bel fixed.

same issue as joe link
the progress bar freeze at some point, or goes back for unkown reasons. this plugin is simply not working, and has serious bugs. Im not asking for a refund, just because I still have hope those issues will be fixed.

Top Bottom