• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Product] XenFans.com - Extra Tabs

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
I can't write an admin "manager" for this. I will leave bigger addons to bigger developers - simply hoping they are actually written by Kier/Mike as a default feature. These addons I make are meant as quick solutions for members who don't want to figure out how to quickly add a new dropdown, etc.

Demon: can you explain why it should be six tabs? (and btw, you can turn it off/on per tab)

I can't write an admin "manager" for this. I will leave bigger addons to bigger developers - simply hoping they are actually written by Kier/Mike as a default feature. These addons I make are meant as quick solutions for members who don't want to figure out how to quickly add a new dropdown, etc.

Demon: can you explain why it should be six tabs? (and btw, you can turn it off/on per tab)

Well I was just using an example, we should be able to make how many tabs we want or don't want.

I see. Yeah, this is just meant to add a few quickly. It won't be a full fledged node > navigation -addon with a dynamic manager. I am hoping that 1.1.x at some point simply introduces this.

I see. Yeah, this is just meant to add a few quickly. It won't be a full fledged node > navigation -addon with a dynamic manager. I am hoping that 1.1.x at some point simply introduces this.
Yes, I agree that kind of solutions should be in core.

This thread is not to discuss whether I should have this open or not. The reason it's re-opened is because of an internal decision at xenfans, where we now have found resources to provide basic support here.
Thank you for reconsidering, Floris. It is much appreciated. (y)

First post updated with new .zip file, version 1.0.3 build 4, for xenforo 1.0.4.
details are at the bottom of the post.

It's great! Wonderful add-on. Both having my own additions and the admin tab is just dandy.

I'd just like to check on which files are strictly necessary to upload.
For one thing the zip apparently created two copies of the add-on, one nested inside the other.
One was a folder called - MACOSX
and the other - Product-XenFans-Extra-Tabs_v103b4

MACOSX contains another folder called Product-XenFans-Extra-Tabs_v103b4

Anyway I uploaded from the first level Product-XenFans-Extra-Tabs_v103b4
First the Library file contents as nested folders, finally containing Listener.php. That was straightforward.

Then there was the xml file and another called .DS_Store
I upoloaded both to my forum root just in case.
Was this necessary? If not I'll delete one or both.

The instructions are quite clear, upload the content of upload/ just how you uploaded xenforo's upload/
It even says in the instructions, I recommend to read them.

The nonsense stuff like macosx and .ds_store is by OSX from Apple, It's ridiculous that their include that in the .zip file when you build an archive. Just ignore it.

Wow what a great mod! Is it possible to hide tabs so that they show up for logged in users only and are NOT shown to guests?

Top Bottom