• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Product] XenFans.com - Extra Tabs

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
If you wish (or anybody else) this tab plugin does anything specific, please do let me know. I will take it under consideration for the next builds.

It has to match the route it's loaded once highlighted, if it's an existing one by xenforo, you'd have to edit the php file to match the unique id

It has to match the route it's loaded once highlighted, if it's an existing one by xenforo, you'd have to edit the php file to match the unique id
Could you expand on that a bit more please Floris? I've created a page within XF.
In my ACP node list it has a url portion.
I'm still finding my way around, so which php file do I need to change, with what and where?

Sorry guys - i'm having a blonde night tonight so i have to ask a question of you guys using this (yes i know it may well not work in future releases and has no official support, however i'd love to get it working just to tide me over!!).

So - i can create the new tabs, and i can create drop downs, however i really cant work out how to create links off the dropdowns (it comes with the defalt dropdowns - how can i put my own in there???!!!).

I see it mentions about xenfans_extra_tabs_dropdown_two However i cant see how it all fits together. Any chance someone could give me a couple of pointers please???

Thanks
Paul

Sorry guys - i'm having a blonde night tonight so i have to ask a question of you guys using this (yes i know it may well not work in future releases and has no official support, however i'd love to get it working just to tide me over!!).

So - i can create the new tabs, and i can create drop downs, however i really cant work out how to create links off the dropdowns (it comes with the defalt dropdowns - how can i put my own in there???!!!).

I see it mentions about xenfans_extra_tabs_dropdown_two However i cant see how it all fits together. Any chance someone could give me a couple of pointers please???

Thanks
Paul

Here's a snippet from my XenFans_Extra_Tabs_Dropdown_One:

Code:
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
    <div class="primaryContent menuHeader"><a href="{xen:link events}">{xen:phrase events}</a></div>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'events/monthly'}">{xen:phrase monthly_view}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'events/weekly'}">{xen:phrase weekly_view}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'events/upcoming'}">{xen:phrase upcoming_events}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'events/history'}">{xen:phrase events_archive}</a></li>
    <xen:if is="{$perms.admin}">
        <li><a href="{xen:link 'events/admin'}">{xen:phrase administrate_streams}</a></li>
    </xen:if>

<div class="primaryContent menuHeader"><a href="{xen:link full:directory}">{xen:phrase directory}</a></div>
    <li><a href="{xen:link full:directory/new}">{xen:phrase new_listings}</a></li>
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
        <li><a href="{xen:link full:directory/create-listing}">{xen:phrase submit_listing}</a></li>
    </xen:if>

<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">Help</div>
    <li><a href="{xen:link help/smilies}">{xen:phrase smilies}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link help/bb-codes}">{xen:phrase bb_codes}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link help/trophies}">{xen:phrase trophies}</a></li>
</ul>

As you see, the first block of code is a substitute for the XenAtendo tab, the second part replaces the standard tab for the XenKingDir, and we also tossed in the Help somewhere. One minor change we did make was change the class of the 'headers' in the tab from "primaryContent menuHeader muted" to "primaryContent menuHeader"to avoid ending up with unreadable headers due to the back- and foreground color being the same.

Here's the screenshot from the option in the Options defining this tab (We only use the first tab, so I am not showing the empty others):

XenFans1.webp
And this is a part of what it ends up as:

XenFans2.webp

Hope this helps :) If not, let me know.

- When XF upgrades to the next version this addon will need changing also. Without its coder that won't happen and it won't work properly any more.
- In any case there is now a better addon. Much more flexible and powerful. Floris the coder who did this one said at the start this was only a quick fix until something better came along.

Your point about XF upgrading is not entirely true. Seeing the add-on uses template hooks, it should theoretically be good to use for quite a while longer, without requiring any additional maintenance.

I also respectfully disagree with the last point. The XenFans add-on and Jake's add-on (from the wording of it. I have not checked the add-on out) serve different purposes. I am not sure Jake's add-on would allow me to do what we use it for, namely simply combine the tabs of several add-ons into a single tab, in order to avoid our navigation bar from filling up with countless tabs :)

All but a single post offering support have been deleted - 29 posts (mostly) bickering back and forth.

Leaving add-on threads open is XenForo policy, for the reason stated in my previous post.
The forthcoming Resource Manager will operate in exactly the same way.
This (and the other threads) were closed to specifically avoid the discussion which has taken place on this thread.

Anyone posting any off topic comments on this thread after this post will receive an official warning with points and possibly suffer restrictions on their account as a result.
If you're not offering support, stay out of the thread.

If you have a problem with XenForo policy, take it up privately with the staff.

Many thanks for the info SchmitzIT - much appreciated.

Any clues how i could link an external http link into one of the dropdowns at all?

cheers
Paul

I would think this would work:

Code:
<li><a href="http://www.xenforo.com"></a>XenForo - Compelling forum software</li>

Not tested, but I see no reason for that not to work.

What exactly did this mod do? I might be able to add it to my list of free add-ons to make. Plan to remake a lot of abandoned mods people still use/want like the ones from XenFans and ragtek.

Considering improved navbar customisation is by far the most liked "bigger features" suggestion, would it be wrong to assume we might see this in 1.2 (hence negating the need for this add-on)?

Kier has stated, more than once I think, that this is a forum and nothing more so it won't be something packaged. Can easily be left to add-ons to fill the gap.

Top Bottom