• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Product] XenFans.com - Extra Tabs

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Kier has stated, more than once I think, that this is a forum and nothing more so it won't be something packaged. Can easily be left to add-ons to fill the gap.

Was that in reply to me? Being able to easily customise the navigation bar tabs is definitely something I'd have thought would be a core feature.

Yeah it was. I don't really think it should be core myself however I am surprised there isn't an add-on doing it already for people. My guess to why there isn't is because developers can easily change it however they like so don't need to make their own tool to do it and later release such a tool. I don't need it so I haven't made it however I can see the use of it and would be happy to help someone make a nice polished top nav editor. I want more time in the day so that I can make it and document it as I make it to make an add-on tutorial.

That would be nice, Robbo. I have also pondered doing an add-on for it, as with the add-ons we run, there's simply too many tabs for a fixed-width style, and that results in some of the longer usernames being pushed behind the saearch bar.

This add-on was a great solution for us. I'm not sure if it will be neccessary to maintain it, as like I said, chances are none of the hooks will change, but in any case, I'd not mind switching to something that is fully supported.

Maintaining wouldn't be the problem. Getting the time to make it in the first place would. Especially since I spend too much time on little details... good in the long run but keeps my dev time fairly long.

This is not the thread for that discussion.

Start a new thread if you want to request/discuss a new add-on.

This is not the thread for that discussion.

Start a new thread if you want to request/discuss a new add-on.

Apologies, I posted with the intention of suggesting that people worried about the lack of support for this now might not have to wait that long for something similar to be part of the core (and I was hoping for a pixelated hint from you ;) ). I didn't mean it to stray off-topic.

Actually my problem with this thread is that it is all about yet another add-on that has been abandoned by its developer. Between XenFans.com and Ragtek, I've four or five that I've had to either remove, or continue to use with fingers crossed that a future XF update won't make them unusable.

Maybe create a thread listing orphaned add-ons, with the hope other developers would considering picking them up?

Deliberately ignoring staff
I wish I had the time to read dozens of previous messages, and I fail to see that my comments were any more off-topic than the ones prior to it. As a user of this add-on and another from XenFans, isn't a discussion of the future of those add-ons relevant? Please explain.

No it isn't.
This thread has been reopened to provide support only, not to discuss the consequences of developers abandoning add-ons - my previous post was very clear on that point.

As you have deliberately ignored several requests to stop posting in this manner on this thread, you have been issued a warning.

I would think this would work:

Code:
<li><a href="http://www.xenforo.com"></a>XenForo - Compelling forum software</li>

Not tested, but I see no reason for that not to work.

Indeed looks like it should - however i STILL cant get rid of the default menu - have placed this into the dropdown part of the second men- but every time i return to the menu the default comes up....
tabs1.webp
tabs2.webp
tabs3.webp

Any silly mistakes anyone can see?? :(

Edit the template xenfans_extra_tabs_dropdown_one(two, three) and edit the links there. That will definitely work. ;)

Indeed. I'm guessing that the default menu you are hinting at is simply the stuff pre-defined in the add-on. Simply overwrite the template for the tab in question with your own stuff.

(That is one minor peeve I have with this add-on, by the way. It turned on all the tabs with pre-defined hardcoded links by default, which was a bit of a surprise when I first installed it).

Many thanks guys for all your help!

<li><a href="http://www.xenforo.com"></a>XenForo - Compelling forum software</li>

Doesnt seem to work - just displays the text at the end and doesnt link to anything, however the internal stuff seems to work fine :) Will have a play later on :)

Hey you...

Rich (BB code):

Move it...

Rich (BB code):
<li><a href="http://www.xenforo.com">XenForo - Compelling forum software</a></li>

That's better.

Top Bottom