XF 1.1 Problems importing threads and posts

MGSteve

Ok, So I've given up on using the CLI, this time through I opted to 'continue using the browser' at the stage where you'd normally start the CLI mode

it got to 1.5% and then dropped out with a 'mysql server has gone away', even though no other site on the server reported an error (and believe me, with the vb forum, if the mysql database goes away I get about 5 db error reports a second!).

So I continue again and then it gets much further (24%) and bombs out with a duplicate entry for key 1 error.

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '113246' for key 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 580
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1478
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importThread() in XFCliImporter/Importer/vBulletinCli.php at line 236
  10. XFCliImporter_Importer_vBulletinCli->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 132
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/orgf/orgf_html/admin.php at line 13
I'm not having much luck here. :(

In the mean time I deleted the thread & associated posts from the table & carried on..

I've never seen this happen unless data existed and the option to preserve IDs was selected. It would basically always happen at the beginning.

However, I'm not even sure if we should be giving the option to use the web importer, as it tries to import in the CLI method, which uses some different approaches. Swapping back to the non-CLI importer would be the safest option.

Definitely no data in there. I'll revert back to the blank DB then - I had saved a dump with everything done up to the users, to save a bit of time, but of course that was using the CLI module.

I'll give it a go from scratch again next time around. Its currently at 80% after being restarted when I posted the above, so I think I'll leave this one going.

Just a quick update, for the record, the importer completed successfully after the hiccup earlier and it appears to have imported the correct number of threads & posts this time :)

Sounds to me like a problem with your source forum database, having a duplicate topic/post id. xF is reading it and inserting into its DB, and then throws a duplicate when it read the duplicate and tried to insert it into the xF database.

It only did it once though Mouth, when using the CLI module, but not using the CLI method. It was more than likely just a glitch to be honest. I've imported them by the default method before and not had an issue.

Top Bottom