it got to 1.5% and then dropped out with a 'mysql server has gone away', even though no other site on the server reported an error (and believe me, with the vb forum, if the mysql database goes away I get about 5 db error reports a second!).
So I continue again and then it gets much further (24%) and bombs out with a duplicate entry for key 1 error.
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '113246' for key 1
- Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
- Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
- Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
- Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
- XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
- XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
- XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 580
- XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1478
- XenForo_Model_Import->importThread() in XFCliImporter/Importer/vBulletinCli.php at line 236
- XFCliImporter_Importer_vBulletinCli->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
- XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
- XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 132
- XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
- XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
- XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/orgf/orgf_html/admin.php at line 13
In the mean time I deleted the thread & associated posts from the table & carried on..