1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with upgrading to 1.1 beta 4

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by marioman, Oct 27, 2011.

1. marioman

marioman Active Member

in localhost i tried to upgrade

after download upgrade files only and overwrite it i begin upgrade but i get error that upgrade not completed and i should re upgrade another time

when i begin to upgrade i get this error

Code:
    Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1000470' for key 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in C:/AppServ/www/xenforo/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
        Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in C:/AppServ/www/xenforo/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in C:/AppServ/www/xenforo/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in C:/AppServ/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Install/Model/Upgrade.php at line 22
        XenForo_Install_Model_Upgrade->insertUpgradeLog() in C:/AppServ/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 102
        XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRun() in C:/AppServ/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
        XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:/AppServ/www/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
        XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/AppServ/www/xenforo/install/index.php at line 17

2. marioman

marioman Active Member

i can't re upgrade because this error
    i should delete 1000470 from xf_upgrade_log ?

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That should be fine. I will have to investigate to see how this could be triggered.

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Deleting the entry from xf_upgrade_log won't fix it.

5. marioman

marioman Active Member

i deleted it and try re upgrade but i get same error

Uh oh! The upgrade did not complete successfully. Please try again.

how can i know the reason of this error ?
    i don't get any errors in Server Error Logs

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Hold on - I just checked various line numbers and noticed your version ID there. I don't think you've uploaded the files properly.

7. marioman

marioman Active Member

in the second time i downloaded full version and uploaded it
    but i get same error

8. marioman

marioman Active Member

oops, i uploaded 1.0.4

sorry

9. marioman

marioman Active Member

done, Your upgrade to 1.1.0 Beta 4 has completed successfully!

but i think xenforo should check upgrade version, if it letter than present version stop upgrading and make attention

GeeksChat likes this.
  10. Mike Law

Mike Law Active Member

crap.... downloaded wrong version I guess!

mrGTB likes this.
  11. Mike Law

Mike Law Active Member

ok cool...
    any chance you guys can write an SSH upgrade guide or do SVN updates?

what I did now was kinda silly, but cant be bothered with FTP

download from xenforo, unzip to desktop, rename upload to public_html, zip, upload zip to root folder, ssh, unzip -o xen.zip, finished. Saves me a good 15 minutes!

12. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

That made me laugh, it's the type of thing I do by mistake, then FTP it to the server. Ha,ha!