Problem with sending email

anon666

Practically all the mails you try to send xenforo, other than from gmail, come back to me, and often with an error log.

The emails from hotmail, outlook, and gmx always come back to me, they don't reach their recipients. And all cron tasks associated with sending mail show numerous error logs.

My server is a dedicated server with debian, the mail parameters are the default. In fact, with systems other than xenforo I have no problem sending mail.

My setting in ACP > Setup > Options > Email options:

Email transport method: Defaul​

Maybe I should try the SMTP option, but I don't really understand the parameters that the options panel asks me for.

What are the optimal parameters for the xenforo ACP and my server?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Thank you, I have not found in the FAQ the origin of my own problem. But I think the solution to GMX mailings is the one described in this article:

https://postmaster.gmx.com/en/error-messages?ip=51.15.5.177&c=rdns#PTR

It is possible that the solution for outlook and hotmail emails is somewhat similar. This problem of sending email to certain providers may be common to all of us who use dedicated servers or VPS with the generic domain name, (without an SSL certificate), provided by the datacenter our the reseller.

It is possible that the solution for outlook and hotmail emails is somewhat similar.
Hotmail/Outlook/Live has an ability to request a temporary exception until your domain/IP gains a reputation with them. They tend to be rather "strict" on blocking inbound emails unless you follow several steps (RDNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC).

Joining their JMRP helps.

Hotmail/Outlook/Live has an ability to request a temporary exception until your domain/IP gains a reputation with them. They tend to be rather "strict" on blocking inbound emails unless you follow several steps (RDNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC).

I have followed this link, I have filled in the form, specifying the IP of my server. Finally, you ask me to verify the authenticity of the IP address in an email abuse contact from my online provider, online.net, to which I do not have access.

I guess I have to change the Configuration of A reverse DNS (IPv4) on my server

Which is actually really funny, because the majority of spam we see comes from them, and they refuse to respond to abuse requests. I've told them that many times, and they were not happy about it.

Which is actually really funny, because the majority of spam we see comes from them, and they refuse to respond to abuse requests. I've told them that many times, and they were not happy about it.
Same here.... but I don't submit any abuse requests because I know the lack of good it does.
It's funny because I know of many sites that no longer allow hotmail/outlook/live accounts to be used for registration or activation due to that.

I have already solved the issue, follow the instructions to change the reverse dns record of my server, and then responding to a verification email that asked me for an outlook on your form: https://postmaster.live.com/snds/JMRP.aspx

as my server's IP address is associated to a domain I own, I have to reply to the verification email from my own mail server.

Top Bottom