Awaiting feedback  Problem with pasting text into posts

The philosophy and techniques of pasting have no bearing on this issue beyond steps to reproduce. Back on topic.

I found something.

I just tried a cut and paste and it didn't work this time but I did something different.

Earlier I was able to past after I had started a new paragraph. I then was able to paste as the first item in a post.

I just tried to paste after doing this.

I typed in testing then made one space. Each time I tried to paste it kept lighting the word I had typed testing.

It seems I can paste except for immediately following text that is already there.

From testing, the issue seems to have somehitng to do with where its copied from - possibly something to do with whether the pasted text has formatting in it.

If I copy a line from the editor Im using to write my code, I cannot paste it direct into here.

If I paste it into notepad, then copy it from notepad, I can then paste it into here.

We learned a lot from iPad. The new MacBook Air is proof. It’s designed around all-flash storage for better responsiveness and reliability. It features a trackpad with full Multi-Touch support. And though it’s incredibly thin and light, its large battery gives you portable power that lasts for hours.

Edit: no problem.

I see no problems with pasting after typing something out with, or without, a return line. I'm not quite sure what this problem that some people are having. By the way I'm using Firefox 3.6.10

Paul M started another thread on this issue here, but I can't cut and paste that URL into this thread, so this is really a major problem.

Sometimes if I already have something typed out. Then go to paste something onto the same line, what is already typed turns blue, then disappears.
Then I have to type it all over again.

As this seems to be a widespread problem, I've moved the thread to bug reports.
That also allows non-customers to post in the thread.

This seems to be something that can be defeated by changing the CMS, you know that little a/a icon in the upper right hand corner, when I change the mode I can then paste the link into Xenforo, but it takes the yellow version to get this to work.

I am using IE8 SP3 XP home right now.

Is this still happening to people? It was never something that I noticed or managed to reproduce (not being able to paste).

Though I do note that FF acts strangely if you right click, preparing to paste.

Top Bottom