1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awaiting Feedback Problem with pasting text into posts

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by AnthonyCea, Oct 23, 2010.

1. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Don't know why I have been having major problems cutting a URL from XF and trying to paste it into a PM or conversation here as you call them, but it is a recurring problem.

AlexandrosD and erich37 like this.
  2. Paul M

Paul M Well-Known Member

Is there some specific reason I cannot paste text into posts ? I have to switch to the "BB Code Editor" to be able to. Im using FF 3.6.11.

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I've been having this issue the past couple of days as well. I thought it was just me.

4. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

I'm using the same version of Firefox and I don't have that problem:

(CNN) -- One man was electrocuted and his female partner was severely burned after the couple attempted to steal copper wire from a vacant property in Southern California, police said.

"I believe they thought the power was off," said Lt. Keith Hupp of the South Gate Police Department.

"It was a pretty ugly scene," he added.

5. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

IE 8 and I have that problem too.

6. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Using the latest FF, and never had an issue with paste.

7. anotheralias

It's intermittent, but sometimes the "paste" control just doesn't show up. Next time it happens I'll post the specifics.

8. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Paste into posts with FF, Opera, and IE doesn't work about half the time. It's esp bad with Opera. I have to go to the bar and hit edit/paste to get it to work there.

9. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

Paste control? You mean like a right click "paste"? All I ever use is ctrl+c and ctrl+v, that's what I was referring to.

10. Elizabeth

Yes, as in right click paste...some of us prefer to use as few clicks as possible.

11. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

ctrl+c and ctrl+v = 0 clicks.

12. Elizabeth

But it means I have to lift my fingers and remember a combination. Right clicking paste is a no brainer.

13. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Muscle memory, also known as motor learning, is a form of procedural memory that involves consolidating a specific motor task into memory through repetition. When a movement is repeated over time, a long-term muscle memory is created for that task; eventually allowing it to be performed without conscious effort. This process decreases the need for attention and creates maximum efficiency within the motor and memory systems. Examples of muscle memory are found in many everyday activities that become automatic and improve with practice, such as riding a bicycle or typing on a keyboard or playing video games.

Works fine for me, and I haven't noticed any problems with it with the latest Opera.

14. Floris

Floris Guest

I don't see the difference between learning a right click on a device, vs a key combination
    You can forget the control key, since it is always control.

control a for select all
    control c for copy
    etc.
    this is also universal kinda, only on mac it is the command key not control, but still cmd+a cmd+c, etc.

just how the mouse right click is always the mouse + right click.

15. Elizabeth

The difference is that to do a cmd+a or cmd+c involves two hands (small hands on my part) and to lift up my hands from the mouse whereas right click on a mouse involves just one and no stopping and lifting my hands from the mouse.

16. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

This is a modified snippet of me, from IRC, but personally I use CTRL+C/V :)

17. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

You can easily cut copy paste with just one (left) hand.

I guess it is only easy for righties.
    [undo, cut, copy, paste] all there in the bottom left of the keyboard.

18. Elizabeth

Let's get back to the OT...how we do it is not an issue.

19. anotheralias

Unless you plan to visit each and every board that uses XenForo and explain that to them, it's still an issue.

20. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Testing.

Unless you plan to visit each and every board that uses XenForo and explain that to them, it's still an issue.

Hmmm, I just cut and pasted the contents of anotheralias's post.

It worked.

Trying something else.

aghoa ghatahhare gha <-----random garbage to cut and paste.