Awaiting feedback  Problem with pasting text into posts

Is there some specific reason I cannot paste text into posts ? I have to switch to the "BB Code Editor" to be able to. Im using FF 3.6.11.

I'm using the same version of Firefox and I don't have that problem:

(CNN) -- One man was electrocuted and his female partner was severely burned after the couple attempted to steal copper wire from a vacant property in Southern California, police said.

"I believe they thought the power was off," said Lt. Keith Hupp of the South Gate Police Department.

"It was a pretty ugly scene," he added.

Paste into posts with FF, Opera, and IE doesn't work about half the time. It's esp bad with Opera. I have to go to the bar and hit edit/paste to get it to work there.

Muscle memory, also known as motor learning, is a form of procedural memory that involves consolidating a specific motor task into memory through repetition. When a movement is repeated over time, a long-term muscle memory is created for that task; eventually allowing it to be performed without conscious effort. This process decreases the need for attention and creates maximum efficiency within the motor and memory systems. Examples of muscle memory are found in many everyday activities that become automatic and improve with practice, such as riding a bicycle or typing on a keyboard or playing video games.

Works fine for me, and I haven't noticed any problems with it with the latest Opera.

I don't see the difference between learning a right click on a device, vs a key combination
You can forget the control key, since it is always control.

control a for select all
control c for copy
etc.
this is also universal kinda, only on mac it is the command key not control, but still cmd+a cmd+c, etc.

just how the mouse right click is always the mouse + right click.

The difference is that to do a cmd+a or cmd+c involves two hands (small hands on my part) and to lift up my hands from the mouse whereas right click on a mouse involves just one and no stopping and lifting my hands from the mouse.

Heretic121 said:
<Heretic121> some people need the visual "pointer" when they're doing something
<Heretic121> it's a choice between programming your brain to remember Ctrl+C as copy and Ctrl+V to paste something
<Heretic121> whereas with a right click there is a visual pointer indicating what will happen when (s)he clicks on it
<Heretic121> it's the same with people who prefer CLI over GUI
<Heretic121> CLI denotes a sort of mind that is organised and knows what it's doing
<Heretic121> GUI denotes a sort of "click and pray" mind
This is a modified snippet of me, from IRC, but personally I use CTRL+C/V :)

The difference is that to do a cmd+a or cmd+c involves two hands (small hands on my part)

You can easily cut copy paste with just one (left) hand.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I guess it is only easy for righties.
[undo, cut, copy, paste] all there in the bottom left of the keyboard.

Testing.

Unless you plan to visit each and every board that uses XenForo and explain that to them, it's still an issue.

Hmmm, I just cut and pasted the contents of anotheralias's post.

It worked.

Trying something else.

aghoa ghatahhare gha <-----random garbage to cut and paste.

Top Bottom