XF 2.0 Problem with no show attachments after XF1.5 to XF2.05 upgrade

ibrian

Got a strange problem with attachments on our forum after the upgrade from XF1.5 to XF2.05 - a lot work, but a lot are not displaying. Yet if I go into the Attachments manager in the admincp, I can find thumbnails of them, suggesting that the physical files are at least present.

For example, missing images here: https://www.sffchronicles.com/threads/560388/page-608

Yet here's a screenshot from the admincp where the filenames match and have thumbnails displayed:

attachments-issue.webp

I originally thought I'd missed a folder or two when I made a full site backup, so I FTP'ed the /data/ folder back to the server.

However, it now looks as though the files are present - and the admincp recognises them - it's just the public forums that don't.

Can anyone please advise?

This definitely sounds like an issue with missing content, especially if you restored a folder.

The actual images and thumbnails are stored in different directories - internal_data and data, so it's possible for the thumbnail to exist but the image not.

For a missing image, confirm the file is present in the internal_data directory.

Many thanks for that - I hadn't realized /internal_data/ was also used, and checking I found my attachment folders were incomplete. I've just re-uploaded them from my full backup and the missing images look like they've re-appeared.

Many thanks for the help - very much appreciated. :)

Top Bottom