XF 2.0 Emoji support not working on upgrade from xf1.5 to xf2.0

Deebs

Hi,

I have a test upgrade of xf1.5 to xf2.0 completed. I have followed all the steps in the manual to enable emoji support and I have confirmed that the conversion script has converted multiple tables to the correct colation. Also the unicode string is in the config.php

So, within Firefox on xenforo.com if I click the Smilie button I see all the emojis in the dropdown dialog box and if I check my debug console I can see that the following URL was loaded:
Code:
/editor/smilies-emoji?blahblah

Now if I perform the same on my test forums I only get a dropdown dialog box with smilies and no emojis. A different URL was loaded:
Code:
/index.php?editor/smilies&blahblah

Running Mysql 5.7.x

Any advice?

I think you're getting mixed up between XF 2.0 and XF 2.1

All of the additional emoji enhancements including auto-complete suggestions while typing, replacing native emoji graphics with Emojione artwork, the enhanced smilie editor displaying all emojis etc. is all in XF 2.1.

In XF 2.0 because of the steps you have followed to convert the tables it is possible to use emojis in posts where you couldn't before in XF 1.5. You would have to type the emoji characters in manually from your device's emoji keyboard. But to get all of the other functionality which we mention in the thread below, you need to upgrade to XF 2.1.

Top Bottom