XF 1.4 Problem with creating new node and posting in it.

KSA

Ok, Im trying to create a forum under specific category and then post new thread in it but I couldn't. I click on post a new thread and then when I start typing the title, that little loading thing at the right top corner in the page won't stop loading. I click on create thread button but it does nothing however when I create a new forum under another category other than the one I'm talking about here, things seem fine and no problem whatsoever. Also Something strange happening in the ACP, it gets missed up for unknown reason. I disabled all the add one and still that won't solve the issue. Here is screenshot concerning this matter.

Az3RtK.png

ESB5JW.png

These are almost certainly from mod_security triggering erroneously. It's likely based on something in the title -- if I had to guess, "GCC" as that's the name of a Linux compiler. Your host should be able to identify the rule that is triggering for your site and whitelist it for you. (You wouldn't be able to do this.)

These are almost certainly from mod_security triggering erroneously. It's likely based on something in the title -- if I had to guess, "GCC" as that's the name of a Linux compiler. Your host should be able to identify the rule that is triggering for your site and whitelist it for you. (You wouldn't be able to do this.)

Thanks Mike, I guess that was the issue. I edited that acronym by putting dot in between and worked fine.

Thanks again.

Oh btw I have a quick question if you don't mind. How do I move nodes up and down. I by mistake deleted one of the node and now I want to put back to its place where it was but couldn't figure that out!

If they all have the same display order they (probably) list in order of creation. So, set the display order for what you want. So if you have nodes:

Fish
Turtles
Cake
Bob

and you want them in order: turtles, fish, cake, bob, you could try these display orders:

Turtles: 100
Fish: 200
cake: 300
bob: 400

I would give 2 or 3 digit numbers to give room for growth and easy reordering after said growth. Depending on your site of course.

Reactions: KSA

Hi again,

I checked once again and that issue still has not been solved yet. I emailed the host and after they investigated the error I received this email form them.

I confirmed the issues, but it's nothing to do with mod_security.
I disabled mod_security and got the same issues.
It seems that any change to node tree causes that error.
I tried removing the "GCC" from GCC Military Forums, and the error occurred.
I tried just removing the "s" from "Forums" - same issue.
I just generally got odd behavior from the XenForo.
We don't provide full coverage support for XenForo - they're paid software and provide their own.
I can revert the site/db to a previous date, but that's really it.

Can you elaborate on what they meant by reverting the site/db to a previous date and what will happen if I ask them to do so.

It seems like I have to deleted the node that contains ''GCC'' as a whole and recreate it once again with different title.

Thank you Mike

Can you elaborate on what they meant by reverting the site/db to a previous date and what will happen if I ask them to do so.
They mean to revert to an older version of the database, which would mean any content created since that date would be lost.
I wouldn't recommend that.

This still appears to be mod_security related to you may want to consider changing hosts if they are unable to resolve it.

The actual error is likely being hidden due to how your host has configured the ErrorDocument value and XenForo's rewrites. If you still have a setup that reproduces it and you'd like us to look into it, please submit a ticket with access to reproduce it and FTP details. I should be able to get a more specific error code to take to your host.

I'm 99% sure that it is some sort of security/request filtering that they're doing.

@Mike @Brogan

Accept my apology for bothering you with this. The issue has been solved by the host. I just got this email from them.

Based on a recommendation from senior management,
I manually removed you from mod_security (I previously used an .htaccess directive).
Once you were manually removed, the issue was resolved - I was able to add a post to "GCC Test" and change the forum name.

Thank you guys for your help. I do really appreciate it.

Top Bottom