1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Bug with creating new lines in posts

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by AndriyEtch, May 27, 2013.

1. AndriyEtch

AndriyEtch New Member

I recently ran into a bug while posting a thread on my site. When creating threads, hitting the enter key to create a new line doesn't always work. Example thread:

Welcome to the website!​
    We hope you enjoy our stay. Be sure you read the rules section before posting in the forums.​
    Sincerely, Staff​
    Where I can create a new line:​
    • When the cursor is in the middle of the sentence or at the end of the line
    • When the cursor is on a blank line
    Where I cannot create a new line:
    • When the cursor is at the beginning of an existing line
    Basically, I would be able to hit enter and make a new line if the cursor were after the word 'stay' or 'Staff', or in the blank space, but can't make a new line if the cursor is behind 'Welcome' or 'We' or 'Sincerely'. Also, keep in mind that this is just in the thread editor. When I push "Save Changes", the lines actually are created. So if I push to create a new line before 'Welcome' 10 times, it won't show in the editor, but when I save the changes it shows up on the thread... sort of inconvenient, because I don't know exactly how much space I'm putting.

Sorry if this sounds a little confusing, it's a little hard to explain.
    Note* replying to threads doesn't give me any problems, can easily create new lines anywhere.

Info about our site:
    Xenforo: 1.1.5
    Theme: Flexile Orange
    Installed Addons: http://puu.sh/328F8.png
  2. AndriyEtch

AndriyEtch New Member

I don't think it is specific to my website, just had the same problem while trying to edit the OP.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I assume you're using Chrome/Safari? If so, it's a known issue (a browser bug actually).

However, it should be fixed in 1.2 with the new editor.
  4. AndriyEtch

AndriyEtch New Member

Ah, it's browser related? Funny, Chrome and Safari are the only browsers I have installed.

Thanks for the info!