Browser issue Indent issues in list when adding a new lines under a pasting image

DJ XtAzY

Paste this in the BBCode Editor mode

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Test 1
[*]Test 2
[*]
[/LIST]

Switch back Rich Text Editor

Copy some image to your clipboard and paste it to the third item on the ordered list.

Now let say you want to write some caption underneath or add some text on a new line. So I shift-enter twice and added some sentence. Now I want to indent it by one to the right. So I click on the Indent button, but then it removes the image and send the cursor back at 1 or some random area.

And you don't need to paste an image to reproduce this.

Last edited:
This actually looks like a plain old browser bug. This appears to be Chrome specifically (well, probably inherited from Webkit but I didn't double check). Firefox behaves differently/correctly (though it does have a different quirk).

The behavior appears to be related to the cursor position. If the cursor is on the first line of the bullet, it does everything correctly. Otherwise, it appears to lose the lines before the line containing the cursor. (The fact that the cursor goes to a weird place probably implies that the browser is getting confused itself.)

Indenting is one of the behaviors handed off to the browser, so unfortunately there isn't much we can do to workaround this as it stands.

Top Bottom