Problem Upgrade to version 1.0.0

xFan

Downloaded upgrade version archive, extracted to a drive on pc, uploaded "upload" folder to server via FileZilla.
Opened board got following message "The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later"
Typed /install after domain name got this "The requested page could not be found" (install/index.php - the same result)
checked permission for install ... it's 777

Please help

Now we are talking! (y)

Thanks very much :) It allowed me to go into upgrade mode right after I made it 755

But than...

got below :barefoot:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1000051' for key 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in ***/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in ***/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in ***/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in ***/library/XenForo/Install/Model/Upgrade.php at line 22
  5. XenForo_Install_Model_Upgrade->insertUpgradeLog() in***/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 101
  6. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRun() in ***/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in ***/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in ***/install/index.php at line 17

Are you upgrading from RC1? I think you may have a bit of a mish-mash of files there. At the least, I think your library/XenForo/Application.php is from RC1. I'd recommend reuploading the files if you can, ensuring that they've overwritten correctly.

ok... i should have said that.
after I uploaded an "upgrade" package and had problems with that for some reason i've decided to download and upload on server a full version...
so i think i should have not seen those Zend errors :) what i'm going to to do now - is to upload an "upgrade" version, overrite existing files and try to do an upgrade...
Stay tuned :whistle:

Right I have this message now "
Error You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed. "

I obviously do not want to loose my database... What should I do? o_O
PLZ

That now sounds like you are doing a new installation rather than an upgrade.

Edit: I've just read your previous post and you have uploaded the full package. You have probably lost all your avatars and attachments in doing so, not to mention your config.php file contents and any .htaccess customisations.

To do an upgrade, ensure you have the correct details in /library/config.php and replace the /internal_data/install-lock.php

Details in /library/config.php are correct. during manipulations file has not been changed because there is config.php.default supplied anyway... so my file has not been touched...

/internal_data/install-lock.php - I have deleted this file as per advise seen in different thread related to Zen_db_ error messages...

i don't really like what I'm doing here... an upgrade doesn't work for me now and it brings me straight to installation ... :eek:

The default config.php file is blank.
Unless you populate it with your database information and replace the /internal_data/install-lock.php file as I have already stated, you will not be able to upgrade.

If you are not comfortable with performing the upgrade yourself then XenForo does offer a service: http://xenforo.com/purchase/

:) Fair enough...

should I just bagger off?:)

during fresh install a file config.php.default supplied, not config.php

Config.php ca not be changed... but jsut to make sure I have just opened it and yes all the details are there... localhost, admin, password all that good stuff...
I don't really understand what I need to replace /internal_data/install-lock.php with, as I deleted it... but feel uncomfortable now to continue asking questions:(

:) Fair enough...

should I just bagger off?:)

during fresh install a file config.php.default supplied, not config.php

Config.php ca not be changed... but jsut to make sure I have just opened it and yes all the details are there... localhost, admin, password all that good stuff...
I don't really understand what I need to replace /internal_data/install-lock.php with, as I deleted it... but feel uncomfortable now to continue asking questions:(
Do not feel uncomfortable asking question. This is what this forum is for. :)

nope... I don't... and my 60 users will kill me... as I'm in a panic now...
I don't care about template changes, addons etc... but I can not afford loose written stuff and users...
what have i done... now thinking how to cheat because after recent upload of upgrade files... /install/index.php?upgrade/run triggers me to /install/index.php?install/ anyway

With re-install mikey does not mean to run install/ on xenforo and THEN restore the db. he means to restore the db you backed up in an empty new database and point xenforo's config.php to it :)

now thinking how to cheat because after recent upload of upgrade files... /install/index.php?upgrade/run triggers me to /install/index.php?install/ anyway
Trying to cheat will almost certainly result in lost data.
Just upload the attached file to /internal_data and you will be able to run the upgrade.

Attachments

Ok... database back up... remove all files from server - fresh install ... upload of the back-up database into new created - honkey-dorrey ... sounds like a plan?

I bet there are better solutions... but what a heck... or should i go to bed and rethink the whole thingy ? :)

Top Bottom