No possibility to upgrade to version 2

[PixeL]

Hello,

I tried to upgrade my current version (Beta 1) to Beta 2 ... I followed the instructions which are listed in this thread (XenForo 1.0.0 Beta 2 Released) but if I try to upgrade my board there is only one choice I get, a completely new installation of my board, but no possibility to upgrade. What did I wrong?

Since I was dumb and just replaced the Beta 1 files with the Beta 2 ones right away (and there's no install-lock.php in the Beta 1 download from what I can see...lesson learned :/), is there a way to download the file and add it back in?
I think it's apparent how good I am at this...ugh

You can just create it if you want, it just needs to exist. Though there is other data in that directory that is of value. However, that file will allow you to do the upgrade.

You can just create it if you want, it just needs to exist. Though there is other data in that directory that is of value. However, that file will allow you to do the upgrade.
The install-lock.php is created during/after the install process.
So, since I can't install it, obviously, how can I get the file back (can someone attach the file to a post and I can then download it and it back in?)?

So, since I can't install it, obviously, how can I get the file back (can someone attach the file to a post and I can then download it and it back in?)?
Just create a file called install-lock.php and add this content:

PHP:
<?php header('Location: ../index.php'); /* Installed: Thu, 21 Oct 10 20:00:00 +0000 */

This assumes you have installed in a directory, not the web root.

Before you do an upgrade, delete the /internal-data/ folder from the directory on your computer. That way, when you click and drag to upload, it doesn't attempt to overwrite those folders. Else, it will delete needed stuff.

So...I'm back. lol

Just realized that I think I was looking in the wrong place (I was looking at where I had located the files when I was trying to use Zend instead of now, when I'm using VertrigoServ), but I'm still getting the same problem. After making a backup and updating the files, there was neither a config.php nor an install-lock.php, so I added them both back in their respective positions. I also double-checked to make sure everyone had "full control" on /data and /internal_data (do I need to add the IISRS or whatever it was I had added during Zend installation attempts?). Any other ideas? :(

So...I'm back. lol

Just realized that I think I was looking in the wrong place (I was looking at where I had located the files when I was trying to use Zend instead of now, when I'm using VertrigoServ), but I'm still getting the same problem. After making a backup and updating the files, there was neither a config.php nor an install-lock.php, so I added them both back in their respective positions. I also double-checked to make sure everyone had "full control" on /data and /internal_data (do I need to add the IISRS or whatever it was I had added during Zend installation attempts?). Any other ideas? :(

haha Welcome back :D
I think you need a hosted option ... I'll PM you

Top Bottom