1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Problem regarding addons

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by zaiger, Jan 17, 2012.

  1. zaiger

    zaiger Active Member


    So yeah I am having an issue with addons. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but my problem is with addons in general, not a particular release.

    I tried updating an extension and I messed up the upgrade process so I uninstalled it and deleted the files from my server. When I reuploaded them and tried to reinstall I got the error:

    The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

    I thought it was a problem with just that addon, but then I uninstalled another addon, removed the files from my server and replaced them with one that was a few versions ahead of it (which is why I didn't just upgrade). When I went to upload the XML I got the same error as I got before.

    So the action that I did of uninstalling the addons and removing the files has prevented me from installing an updated version of those addons. I can't even install the same versions that I was using before. Can someone help me fix this?
  2. Digital Doctor

    Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

    which addon ? (was the messed upgrade?)
    When I reuploaded them and tried to reinstall I got the error....
    Are the files in the right spot ? People get this wrong *alot*.
  3. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Sounds like a problem with uploading the files. Maybe you uploaded them to the wrong location. Or maybe the files have incorrect permissions. I can take a look if you give me FTP and admin access.
  4. zaiger

    zaiger Active Member

    I'm telling you they are in the right spot. I can't give you FTP but I can show you here. They are going on the root of my forum, merging with the respective /library and /js files. The first one I removed was xenporta and the second one was tiagachat.

    Error | Admin CP - EDF2: Electric Boogaloo_1326773167234.png
  5. Digital Doctor

    Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

  6. Digital Doctor

    Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

    Step (1): backup your database !!!

  7. zaiger

    zaiger Active Member

    Ok I will try that but I looked and all the EWRporta entries were deleted from the db when I uninstalled.

    Edit: It was a permissions issue. I changed it from chown to www-data and it started rebuilding. Thanks for the help guys.
  8. SchmitzIT

    SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

    That was mostly a suggestion to try and prevent the add-on from being recongized as something already installed, after removing and updating the files did not seem to have the desired effect.

Share This Page