XF 1.1 Problem migrating data from VB 4.2

puppi

Hi guys,

Using vB4 Importer 3.6b2, I tried several times to migration a rather large database ( ~200K users +500K posts) from a VB 4.2, However, each time after migrating the users the screen just dies and when I try to resume importing by pressing 'Continue importing' button, I get a 404 error.

As someone has suggested here, I added ini_set('display_errors', true); to /library/config.php. but I don't see any error message. I use nginx+php5-fpm on a 64GB ram server and I set memory_limit to 41280M in php.ini and max_allowed_packet to 40G in my.cnf to make sure that no memory shortage cause this.

I really ran out of idea so that I gave up and now trying to import data using raw sql query. I really appreciate your hints, either to fix the importer problem or to use approprite queries to do the job.

Thanks

That's a lot of users.

If you haven't already... try checking the boxes to automatically merge users on conflicts. Those checkboxes appear at the start of the user module. Without auto-merge, and with so many users to process, the final page of the user module (which lists conflicts for manual processing) might be very large which might be the source of the problem.

Well, I did not check 'Automatically merge users' boxes since the names and emails are already distinct. But I'll try to check the boxes and retry. Thanks.

There is a conflict which is not automatically handled, and that is invalid usernames. XenForo doesn't allow commas in usernames. Those users will always show at the end of the user module so you can manually deal with them.

Top Bottom