XF 2.0 Problem inserting image from mobile device

Larrabee

I'm having an issue with mobile users not being able to insert pictures from their smartphones. I've tried everything I can think of without luck.

The steps taken on a smartphone to illustrate the issue:
  • Post a thread or reply
  • Select the Insert Image tool
  • At the Drop Image (Or click here) prompt select click here
  • From the File Upload menu, select Camera
  • Take picture and select the checkmark
It starts to work, I get a scrollbar but it goes just over half way then bumps me back to the message without the image, like it never happened.

I can upload an existing picture from my phone by choosing documents not camera from the File Upload menu, then selecting the picture. This works perfectly, but my users want to insert pictures directly from the phone's camera.

Shouldn't the picture be inserted? I'm running v2.0.2 BTW.

Ideas? Thanks.

I just did a quick test on this site and I was able to insert an image directly from the camera with no issues (I've subsequently deleted the image).

Have to tested to see if the issue occurs for you here?
What Phone and OS are you running?

Nope, same problem. Tried it twice.

The progress bar gets halfway then kicks me back to the message without the image.

Are the pictures too large? I have my settings set to unlimited.

Thanks for the help.

What browser are you using?
What size photos does your phone take?

Checking my camera settings for my phone it's set to 12M 4032 x 3024 photos.

I still can't replicate the issue and I've tested it on:

Samsung Galaxy S7 phone running Android 7.0 with Android Chrome and Samsung Internet browsers
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet running Android 6.0.1 with Android Chrome browser
iPad running running iOS 10.3.3 with Chrome for iOS and Safari

Could it be related to my location? The people also having this problem are in my same general area.

I thought it was just my site but I get the same exact problem here. Cell service issue maybe??

Top Bottom