XF 1.4 Problem Importing Help Please!

• Thread starter Thread starter Nelson T.
  • Start date Start date
N

Nelson T.

I am making my FINAL import for installation.

When I went to import FORUMS, I got this error.

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'title' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 599
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1253
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importForum() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1999
  10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2018
  11. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2018
  12. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importForumTree() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1951
  13. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepForums() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  14. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  15. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
  16. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
  17. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  18. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  19. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hobbymac/public_html/xen/admin.php at line 13
How can I clear this PLEASE?

Fixed!

I had to adjust the node title in the SQL database to 100. That should adjust on its own, shouldn't it? It didn't!

It should just chop off the title as necessary. This is something that has been done in various cases already automatically.

Have you installed any add-ons (before the import), particularly one that may manipulate the maximum node title length?

I know this is supposed to be automatically adjusted, and no, I didn't install the add-on to do it because I had done it myself as per the instructions I received from you guys.

Based on your previous posts, I believe you have been editing core PHP files and the database to increase the size of some fields.

Is that the case?

Yes, that is true. I had to re-edit the database to clear the error.

I also lost all my installed add-ons in the import from a clean database.

If the files have been edited to increase the length, that would be the cause of this. You need to have the values in the files and the DB synced.

I didn't reinstall the system files- so that is the culprit. I synced the database value for node title to match and that fixed it.
Any idea why I lost all my addons in the process? That is a lot of work to restore...LOL

You talked about syncing the DB, so that's likely related. However, as I'm not really sure of what steps you took exactly (and the DB was being changed directly), it's hard to say.

Top Bottom