RewriteRule ^forums/(.*)?$ /$1 [R=301,L]

i access all page Except main page & and forums

https://alajyalmakers.com/
https://alajyalmakers.com/forums/

i get this msg
Oops! We ran into some problems.

An error occurred while the page was being generated. Please try again later

threads and pages fine for example
https://alajyalmakers.com/generationsmakers/albritaniun-ifdlun-yud-alysa-al-almssat-altylimi.15893/

In xF 1 you had to update your basic board information after moving the directory to the root. You should check for a similar option in xF 2.

The short answer is that you can't have a rule like that unless you don't use the default "forums/" route. You would need to use a route filter instead.

Alternatively, you need to make your rewrite rule more specific and only have it rewrite forums/something/ (or a number of "something" values).

The short answer is that you can't have a rule like that unless you don't use the default "forums/" route. You would need to use a route filter instead.

Alternatively, you need to make your rewrite rule more specific and only have it rewrite forums/something/ (or a number of "something" values).

i have fixd problem for forums all page fine except main
what shoud i to do for fixed

I'm having a similar issue post-upgrade -- After upgrading my test installation to 2.0b1 last night, I'm now experiencing this issue where everything is fine, except when you access the root url (the main page, ie domain.com/test) I get the "Oops! We ran into some problems!" error, but click on anything anywhere and it works just fine. I did have XenPorta installed before the upgrade and did not disable it, but I did not use a "/forums" folder for the forums, and after the upgrade I went through all of the basic board options and everything is pointing to the forums as the "home," which works except for when you load the root folder or click on the banner image. Outside of password protection for the test directory no changes have been made to the .htaccess, which I don't think would cause this anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm a bit stumped as to what's gone wrong!

There should be no add-on code running, so I'm going to hazard a guess that the add-on updated (or at some point you manually updated) the "Index page route" URL in Options > Basic board information.

The default value is forums/ but I suspect it will be something different, such as portal/ or similar.

Change it back to the default value and it should return to normal.

There should be no add-on code running, so I'm going to hazard a guess that the add-on updated (or at some point you manually updated) the "Index page route" URL in Options > Basic board information.

The default value is forums/ but I suspect it will be something different, such as portal/ or similar.

Perfect, thanks Chris! I noticed the first time around that it was articles/, and made the stupid decision to leave it blank. Makes sense that it would then show an error.

Thanks again for your help :)

Perfect, thanks Chris! u are a master

Top Bottom