1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Moving Forums from /Folder to /root/?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Daphonic, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Daphonic

Daphonic Active Member

So looking to use Xenforo `100% on our site now, dropping our CMS, what files do need to edit going from

/root/forums to just /root/ ?

Want to make sure I do everything correctly on the move.

2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

You want to move all your files from /public_html/forums/ to just /public_html/ and then delete your forums folder/ Be sure to also remove the URL in home page link so you don't have a double tab and change your board url to just your domain.

Feel free to PM me if you need more help too.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The FAQ also covers it.

Redirects may also be required.

4. Daphonic

Daphonic Active Member

Thank you, will check this out.

If I have problems, I will take you up on your offer.

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  5. Daphonic

Daphonic Active Member

For example, if the installation is moved from the /community directory to the root, the following line needs to be added to the .htaccess file, after the default XenForo rewrite rules:
    Code:
    RewriteRule ^community/(.*)?$ /$1 [R=301,L]

http://pastebin.com/yjVHtv1h

Curious if I did this part correct. @Mike Edge @Brogan

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The best way to check is by loading one of the original URLs and confirming whether it redirects to the new one.

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  7. Daphonic

Daphonic Active Member

8. Daphonic

Daphonic Active Member

I went from lethalitygaming.com/forums to just lethalitygaming.com Seems all forums work, but anything that had links, like in the Taigachat box, are all broke.

9. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Hard links in the database won't correct via htaccess you'll need to go in the database and edit them

10. Daphonic

Daphonic Active Member

ahh ok, Ill just wipe out the chat then. Should be only place with hard links, thank you!