Probably not a good idea...

random

xen.webp

Will be allowed to change the URL to the Admin Control Panel?

For curious people: http://xenforo.com/robots.txt

You can just use .htaccess/.htpasswd to protect admin.php

Code:
AuthName "Restricted Area"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/xenforo/private/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null <Files admin.php>
require valid-user
</Files>

You can just use .htaccess/.htpasswd to protect admin.php

Code:
AuthName "Restricted Area"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/xenforo/private/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null <Files admin.php>
require valid-user
</Files>
yeah, rather easy to protect the admin.php file, I don't see it as too big of a problem. Even if was denied by robots.txt, not all bots will respect it.

And usually it's not a good idea to "protect" something with robots.txt - that's more like a hint for an intruder where he should look for interesting things...

I don't think it's possible to rename the ACP front controller at this point, though as Floris points out, it's easy to protect it with .htaccess.

I don't think it's possible to rename the ACP front controller at this point, though as Floris points out, it's easy to protect it with .htaccess.
I'm officially surprised. Oh well, not like everyone renamed their admincp to nottheadmincp on vB, at least I never bothered

Alright, what the heck ... ?

I cannot view the image posted by the OP. When I click it, I get taken to the XenForo login screen saying that I must *be logged in to do that*, and recieve this error after re-entering my credentials. Odd since I AM LOGGED IN:

XenForo Community - Error
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Alright, what the heck ... ?

I cannot view the image posted by the OP. When I click it, I get taken to the XenForo login screen saying that I must *be logged in to do that*, and recieve this error after re-entering my credentials. Odd since I AM LOGGED IN:

What browser are you using? I just view the attachment in IE with no problems.

Firefox 3.6.8 --- and here are some more details:

I was reading that topic "Probably not a god idea..." and tried to click the image posted by the OP. I was taken to the login page (note: I was already logged in) and received this error:

You must be logged-in to do that.

So, I re-entered my login info and clicked 'Login'. Then, I was presented with this error:

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

As it stands, I can't view that attached image. What's up?

Top Bottom